Giant Food Stores has introduced its new private brand fresh meal kit program at two stores as well as for Peapod customers in the Harrisburg, PA, and Jersey City, NJ, areas. The kits will then debut in an additional 10 Giant stores in the greater Philadelphia area in late January 2016. Available in the deli or prepared foods departments, each kit features pre-measured fresh produce and meat to make two servings of the selected meal as well as step-by-step instructions. The cost for one kit, which serves two people, is $14.99. Two kits to serve four people is $24.99.
“Our customers are busy and these new fresh meal kits are another innovative way we are helping them to save time and eat well by getting a delicious and convenient home-cooked meal on the table,” Erik Keptner, senior vice president of sales, merchandising and marketing, said in a press release. “We include only the freshest meat and produce, all pre-measured, at a cost less than if you were to buy all of the ingredients yourself.”
The fresh meal kits, which will vary by season, are all ready to prepare and cook in 35 minutes or less. Varieties currently include:
- Pan seared boneless pork chops with apple and honey mustard sauce, roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes
- Pan seared chicken breast with creamy mushroom sauce, garlic roasted green beans and seasoned wild rice
- Mini Italian style meatloaf with couscous and fresh vegetables
- Baked chicken parmesan with rosemary Yukon gold potato wedges and fresh ratatouille
- Peppercorn steak with creamy blue cheese sauce, chive mashed potatoes, and garlic roasted broccoli and cauliflower