Supervalu – Marketing Manager I/II
Primary Location: Minnesota-Eden Prairie
Develop, coordinate, and evaluate marketing activities within assigned Division to ensure that marketing programs make a significant contribution to the sales and profits of the Division and the Company.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Prepare detailed annual and quarterly marketing plans with varying options and budgets for private brands marketing
- Visit retail stores; develop detailed sales and promotional plans
- Responsible for preparation and management of the Private Brands marketing budget
- Review effectiveness of marketing programs and materials and provide metrics on outcome
- Supervise the preparation and the design of all private brand marketing materials
- Work with outside agencies as needed to support the brands
- Ensure that all in-store signing is in place and adheres to signing and brand standards
- Own and negotiate corporate promo income contracts
- Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in marketing, business, advertising, graphic design preferred
- Experience in Marketing Department and successful completion of Marketing Manager successor training preferred
- Previous extensive experience with computer graphics software programs including QUARK Express, Multi-Ad Creator, Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and a good understanding of electronic pre-press operations
- Possess knowledge of the printing business to include bidding and cost analysis, layout, balance, design, copywriting, printing processes, space measurements, and Co-Op advertising
- Possess the ability to motivate and work with and through others to achieve desired results
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written as well as the ability to make effective presentations before groups
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness
Why Work for Supervalu?
SUPERVALU Inc. is one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the U.S. with annual sales of approximately $17 billion. SUPERVALU serves customers across the United States through a network of almost 3,400 stores. Headquartered in Minnesota, SUPERVALU has about 35,000 employees. We know that bright, motivated people are the reason for our success. Because of our employees, we’ve been providing the best service to our customers for more than 135 years.
We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment of inclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.