Job Location: Northbrook, IL
Product Development Manager, Private Brands
Job Number: 018911
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We’re taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe’s Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
Responsible for overall Private Brands Beauty Own and Exclusive Brands Division sales and profit development through category, market, and trend knowledge and application. To make recommendation to meet and exceed Company, Division, and individual targets for Sales and Profit through working with key stakeholders throughout the Company. Manage several diverse categories simultaneously.
- Set targets for sales and gross profit for assigned categories. Works with Category Managers to meet established sales, profit and private brand penetration goals.
- Defines specification and ensures supplier compliance. Develops assigned categories; stays abreast of category trends and market changes. Maintains knowledge of competition and applies information as necessary to grow sales and profit
- Planning and Forecasting: know how to forecast demand for both short term and long term sales; must have a solid understanding of logistics and the effect on store and warehouse fill rates, inventory, and shelf life, and the results these areas have on Company profitability.
- Work with manufacturers and suppliers to develop a strategic relationship to reduce costs, increase product and packaging innovation, improve profitability; and meet Corporate requirements on service. Knows the entire supply chain cycle “from farm to fork” and how it affects product costs, product availability; sales, and profitability.
- Develops assigned categories through product innovation, reformulation, new products and packaging ideas.
- Develops brand strategy and build the brand to meet Corporate, Division, and individual targets and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience in Merchandising, Product Development, Marketing, or Supply Chain OR High School Diploma/GED and 7 years of experience in Merchandising, Product Development, Marketing or Supply Chain.
- Experience with related financial modeling and analysis.
- Experience using retail data such as Nielsen or IRI.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Experience collaborating with internal resources and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Knowledge of retail store merchandising including placement and promotion.
- Knowledge of logistics and the effect on store and warehouse fill rates, inventory, and shelf life, and the results these areas have on Company profitability.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- At least 1 year of experience indirectly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Knowledge and experience in private brands, CPG, or retail.
- Experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
Location Information: Northbrook, IL, USA
Requisition ID 018911-1