PB CAREERS: Meijer – Marketing Director – Drugs, Pets, Consumables & Brand Planning
Job ID 1500006797
Date posted 09/01/2015
Meijer is a leading Supercenter located in six states throughout the Midwest, with over 200 stores and more than 60,000 employees. Our Midwest geography includes corporate offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and stores, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities throughout Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, and Wisconsin. As a multi-billion dollar retailer, Meijer is ranked as the 19th largest privately held company in the country. We have become a respected leader in the competitive retail market by sticking to our core values of customers, competition, family, freshness, and safety & health.
Currently, Meijer is looking for a Marketing Director, Drugs, Pets, Consumables & Brand Planning. This position is responsible for leading marketing strategy and plan creation of key initiatives for the total Drugs, Pets, Consumables Businesses, in partnership with GVP and VPs, that deliver on the Strategic Intents of the Business and KPI goals. This Leader retains and grows sales, develops strategies and plans to gain market share through insights of customer data, trends, competitive activities and other related information. This role is responsible for all aspects of marketing – strategy, campaigns, promotions, co-marketing, visual merchandising and creative development – for an assigned Meijer merchandising area (D/P/Cs).
Also accountable for marketing strategy and plan creation for assigned key marketing platforms: Health & Wellness, Value, mPerks, MCC, Curbside, Gift Cards and Cross-Category.
- Oversight in partnership with Director of Creative Services for creative strategy and execution across assigned initiatives. Responsible for the merging of creative strategy and execution along with media strategy and execution. Direct oversight Brand Manager/Planner Story Architects assigned to initiatives. Leads cross-functional partnership with H&W, Own Brand, Curbside & mPerks teams, as well as within the Marketing group.
- Steward of Brand Positioning across assigned Business and marketing campaigns, creative strategy and executions, in partnership with Directors of Brand & Creative Services .
- Development and oversight of Marketing Strategy and Plan creation for Drugs, Pets & Consumables businesses, on key initiatives and platforms, in partnership with merchant leaders (GVP & VPs)
- Directs the Assigned Merchandising Area’s (D/P/C’s) annual marketing plan in partnership with GVP and Merchandising Team to align to business goals and key initiatives.
- Leverages customer insights and segmentation data to develop customer centric strategies, tactics, marketing plans and ad items to grow sales and market share for assigned merchandising area.
- Ensures merchandising area visual merchandising plan delivers against business objectives.
- Directs the Marketing Manager to assess the merchandising area relative to the Meijer Brand positioning and the Competitive Set. Assessment including but not limited to merchandising area strengths and opportunities with a recommendation of positioning and key initiatives to drive growth
- Development and oversight of key marketing platforms: Health & Wellness, Value, mPerks, MCC, Curbside, Gift Cards, Cross-Category.
- Generates clear strategies and briefs – responsible for ensuring that clear assignments and deliverables are provided to internal & external agency teams.
- Steward of Visual Store Signage Strategy and execution for Drugs, Pets, Consumables, in partnership with Director/Brand & Creative Lead.
- Accountable for media development, in partnership with Director of Media, to generate Media & Marketing Strategy & Plans, in service to assigned platforms & initiatives.
- Stewardship and shared oversight of external agency partners, in development of assigned campaigns – both strategy and executions
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Marketing or related degree, MBA a plus but not required
- 10+ years of experience in marketing strategy, planning and campaign development.
- Manages large, and diverse group.
- Ability to assess business needs and opportunities, and translate into marketing and creative strategy, ideas and execution.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with internal clients, agencies and staff.
- Leads team to achieve desired creative standard and production results.
- Rapidly and easily changes direction on shifting priorities.
Primary Location: MI-Grand Rapids