Department: Chicago Support Office
Location: Downers Grove , IL
Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best employer in the grocery market. Careers have been growing at Fresh Thyme since our inception in 2012 – yours should be no different!
The Vice President – Marketing is responsible for directing, managing, and developing all aspects of marketing and company branding. This leader is the brand steward for Fresh Thyme Farmers Market. He/She strategizes, develops and executes all aspects of marketing inclusive of weekly advertising, social media, private label brand development, grand opening marketing/events, etc.) He/She will drive the product development for private label and presentation for branded merchandise as well as oversees the collaboration between merchandising and marketing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with direction for on-site store projects such as resets, moving product throughout the store, and discontinuing product as needed
- Manages development of marketing strategy, weekly ad flyers and holiday programs
- Manages development, marketing and quality of all Fresh Thyme Farmers Market private label product
- Develops and maintains strong relationship with the Store Operations team to improve implementation of company initiatives and marketing plans
- Build marketing “best practices” across the organization, and define and strengthen the role of (Regional & In-Market) marketing within the company
- Build our Social Media planning and delivery capabilities with the necessary tools and partnerships.
- Develop content and communication strategies across the various outlets to amplify our message and engage consumers.
- Lead the effort to manage across marketing and commercial partnerships to ensure that programs are maximized for measurable results and coordinated across our various channels.
- Oversee the planning and development of all digital marketing initiatives, programs and campaigns, including (but not limited to) online brand and product advertising, social media, mobile and website deliverables.
- Integrate all digital activities across retail, PR, events, advertising, media, brand experiences.
- Develop CRM initiatives and its ongoing management and optimization.
- Create new and innovative brand communication proposals based on historical information, current trends & experiences
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- This position requires a B.S./B.A. degree in a business or related field.
- MBA preferred and/or equivalent work experience.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years retail operations and purchasing experience,
- Previous experience in a natural foods environment is preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of grocery retail industry.
- Ability to adapt to the ever changing retail product environment while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Must have the ability to take initiative when problems arise and use independent judgment to take immediate corrective actions.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a variety of situations.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally, as well as with vendors, peers, and senior management.
- Must be proficient with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to multitask is essential.
- Must be able to support and contribute to team goals.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- The potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers/staff.