AlJob ID: 352426
Posted Date: 10/19/2015
Company: Amazon Corporate LLC
Position Category: Software Development
Recruiting Team: North American Teams – Consumer – Retail Plus
Are you interested in building engaging shopping experiences on Amazon.com and on mobile devices? Are you interested in helping millennials shop faster, cheaper, and more conveniently on Amazon?
Amazon Private Label is a high-value, high-visibility program aimed at creating a world-class online and mobile shopping experience for millennials. We’re seeking passionate, customer-obsessed software engineers to build the technology platform to make Amazon a top destination for millennials. This is a challenging and fun position in a start-up environment. You will be working closely with experienced industry leaders to learn the business process, to solve real-world business problems and make a strong impact to our customers.
Some of the problems we are tackling are:
- Building an interactive, personalized mobile shopping experience for busy millennials
- Personalize the overall Amazon shopping experience for each member
- Optimize Amazon’s recommendation solution with additional membership information
- Secure and deliver the best deal solutions
- Millennials have a strong sense of community. Utilize social networking and internet communities to improve their shopping experience.
Amazon Private Label development team is a great place to demonstrate and grow your leadership skills. You will have tremendous opportunities to design new features and drive engineering best practices. You will also learn the entire business process and make a strong impact to our customers.
- Experience with OO design and concepts.
- 2+ years of experience with Java, C/C++ or C# must.
- BS in computer engineering or in a relevant Engineering discipline
- The ability to take convert raw requirements into good design while exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
- Excellence in technical communication.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Familiarity with front end development (HTML/CSS/JS) is strongly preferred.
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Innovative and creative with Web technologies to build high performing websites and web services.
- Passion for building scalable, global, complex systems to solve problems with proven ability to deliver high quality software.
- MS in Computer Science or in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Expertise in delivering high-quality, innovative application
- Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility are strong assets