With over $5B in sales, Staples Brands Group is a world-class, global brand company within Staples, Inc. The extensive selection of Staples brand products ranges from core supplies such as paper and envelopes to patented shredders, ergonomic office chairs, technology items, facilities supplies and a broad range of eco-responsible options. Guaranteed quality, exceptional value and smart design are hallmarks of the brand. Staples brand products are quality tested in independent labs and customer researched to ensure designs that make the workday easier. Staples Brands Group sells its product lines to businesses and consumers through Staples retail stores, online, catalogs and through its sales organizations. The branded products are also sold globally across 26 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
The Senior Manager, Global Own Brand Product is responsible for the development and execution of category and product level strategies which:
- Support the overall Staples Brands Group’s goals and objectives
- Drive profitable overall sales and margin growth
Own Brand Product Strategic Planning
Manage the tactical execution of the rolling product road map as defined by the Vice President or Director of Product Management for his/her specified categories that is aligned with the categories’ Own Brand role portfolio designation.
New Product Management
Manage new product development for new products. Lead development of project briefs and oversee key projects to ensure they provide sales growth, margin expansion, and/or market differentiation. Partner with Merchants to ensure that strategies and roadmaps support their selling objectives. Work with internal market research teams to ensure the voice of the customer is incorporated into new products. Provide direction for physical package design with a focus on quality and innovation. Utilize the Product Lifecycle Management system (Enovia) to track all new projects. Partner with Product Development to ensure products meeting feature, quality, and timeline expectations. Communicate new product road maps with key Staples stakeholders.
As defined by the Vice President or Director of Product Management in the area, maintain Brand stewardship of all Staples brand and other exclusive brand products in our portfolio.
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimumv6 + years experience in New Product Management or Brand Management
- MBA preferred
- Manage project timelines and demonstrate practical decision-making. Organized professional with strong sense of urgency
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, resourcefulness and a sense of urgency in accomplishing goals through collaboration and communication with all levels of management
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to clearly articulate Own Brand new product plans. Strong presentation skills with ability to persuade others. Creative thinker with passion for innovation, customer feedback and new product opportunities
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
- Creative thinker with passion for innovation, customer feedback and new product opportunities
- Team player able to work cross functionally to accomplish strategic initiatives
- Cross-functional team leadership. Ability to work with across the Staples organization to lead the implementation of key projects
- Some marketing experience preferred
****NO VISA SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION****
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.