Walgreens – Associate Manager Product Development
Job Number: 018549
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We’re taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe’s Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
Provides support to PDM for end-to-end strategic sourcing process inclusive of product specification creation, RFP’s, ITB’s, RFI’s and Product Buying Briefs. Validation through testing and communication with key stakeholders. Identifies needs and changes to products, packaging and suppliers for assigned categories. May support product development initiatives and processes.
- Will support the PDM in managing a minimum of $500MM of revenue across 9-12 merchandise categories. Provides support to PDM for end-to-end strategic sourcing process inclusive of product specification creation, RFP’s, ITB’s, RFI’s and Product Buying Briefs (detailed description and product requirement document). Validation through testing and communication with key stakeholders.
- Responsible for creating and utilizing detailed product buying briefs, that will be used by our overseas sourcing departments (GSO/Alliance Boots)
- Sets and exceeds productivity targets which are aligned with PDM with emphasis on cost reduction without losing quality.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining detailed SPEC’s, which will be utilized in Product Buying Briefs, bids and testing for supplier adherence to Walgreens specifications.
- Source suppliers through established and newly identified networks. Internal sources include strategic sourcing, PDM’s, global sourcing office and Alliance Boots Hong Kong office. External sources include PB websites, trade publications and trade shows.
- Understands and ensures compliance by Walgreens and Walgreens’ suppliers with all regulatory requirements on both domestic and imported products.
- Provides recommendations and executes needs and changes to products, packaging, and suppliers in assigned categories, product and packaging innovations and reformulation; develops, manages and forecasts sales, profit and private brand penetration goals by category.
- Works with supply chain to maximize logistic efficiency and enhance productivity.
- Collaborates with regulatory/legal department to ensure all established and new vendors have supplier agreements established. This includes the coordination of routing contracts.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of experience in buying, sourcing or purchasing in a retail/CPG environment.
- Experience in financial planning and analysis.
- Knowledge of marketing.
- Knowledge of logistics.
- Experience analyzing retail data such as Neilsen or IRI.
- Experience in forecasting long-term sourcing opportunities, including product development.
- Knowledge of retail business financial concepts, to include: penny profit market, mark-up percents, turns and ROI.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state, out of state, and internationally).
- MBA or Master’s Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in negotiating deals.
Requisition ID 018549-1