The Director will be responsible for strategic sourcing in support of our Private Brand growth. This position will be responsible for identifying and developing opportunities for sustained competitiveness across the value chain through partnering with internal teams and external partners to increase speed, lower cost and drive efficiencies. This includes all elements of value chain, i.e. material sourcing, manufacturing processes, and supply chain efficiencies for specific programs or products. The Director of Strategic Sourcing will partner with Product Development Merchants to launch initiatives in alignment with merchandising groups; these initiatives will help drive competitiveness for our Private Brand suppliers.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES & KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
30%-Develop sourcing strategies from suppliers across all geographies.
35%-Manage the design, development and implementation of processes for identified solutions.
35%-Drive lower cost and efficiencies through established methods and develop new innovative solutions to extract sustainable value.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Position reports to VP Global Sourcing
- Number of Direct Reports – 4
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE – 08
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- MBA or an Master’s Degree in Supply Chain/ Operations/Finance or equivalent
- Prior merchandising or product development experience in a retail industry
- Certified in Six Sigma Methodology
- Experience with global sourcing
- Knowledge of global supply chain leading practices
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of manufacturing and maquiladora
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and able to communicate globally
- Ability to lead, influence and manage business partners
- Ability to lead and manage process improvement efforts
- Strong project and process planning skills
- Ability to develop business cases and monitor results
- Excellent at building relationships
- PC skills, knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access)
Date Posted: Jul 10, 2015
Functional Area: Logistics/Supply Chain/Import
Company: The Home Depot
Position Type: Full-Time
Relocation Provided: No