Meijer – Director of Product Development – Apparel
Meijer is a leading Supercenter located in six states throughout the Midwest, with over 200 stores and more than 60,000 employees. Our Midwest geography includes corporate offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and stores, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities throughout Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, and Wisconsin. As a multi-billion dollar retailer, Meijer is ranked as the 19th largest privately held company in the country. We have become a respected leader in the competitive retail market by sticking to our core values of customers, competition, family, freshness, and safety & health.
Currently, Meijer is looking for a Director of Product Development. The individual selected for this position will be responsible for combining brand management for apparel categories with new product development. This individual will be involved in private label products, encompassing all Softlines categories.
Key responsibilities include:
- Playing a significant role in overseeing quality assurance, design, and trends for Softlines categories. Manages PD Managers and assistants, trend team, quality assurance, and CAD artists.
- Providing expertise on fashion, trends, and design the entire Softlines organization, and the supplier community, utilizing a skill set that includes market research and customer profiles.
- Driving the Development Calendar, both in creation and compliance for the Calendar.
- Engaging heavily with Li & Fung and our international vendors on product development and design.
- Working closely with planning and sourcing teams.
- Working on broad areas within Softlines including Women’s, Men’s, Kid’s, and Shoes/Accessories.
- Leading cross-functional teams, including concept, assortment, production, design and marketing.
- International travel twice a year.
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4 – 6 plus years of apparel product development experience, with steady progression to positions of increasing responsibility
- Experience with a fully integrated PLM system is preferred
- The ideal candidate will have been a manager overseeing Product Development
- Must have a successful track record in development and design of new apparel products
- Must be flexible, adaptable and able to move quickly
- Must be aware of current trends in the industry and passionate about fashion and apparel
- Positive, high energy individual, who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic
Job: Product Development
Primary Location: MI-Grand Rapids
Job ID 1500005857
Date posted 07/30/2015