Location Westborough, MA 01581 US (Primary)
About the Company
At BJ’s Wholesale Club, every Team Member has the same goal, to Delight Our Members. This common purpose means working as a Team, supporting our Community in a positive way, and treating everyone with Respect and Integrity. In fact, Team, Community, Respect and Integrity, are the BJ’s Wholesale Club core values!Working with us means enjoying a supportive and engaging workplace committed to developing great talent. We know that the most important factor in our success is our people!BJ’s Wholesale Club introduced the warehouse club concept to the northeastern United States in the mid-1980s. Since then, the chain has expanded its operations to more than 200 Clubs in 15 states from Maine to Florida.
The responsibility of the Brand Manager is to to provide a laser marketing focus for the Berkley & Jensen and/or Wellsley Farms brand. They will ensure that every product lives up to the overarching mission of the brand, grow the brand through the right marketing strategy/tactics and leverage analytics, insights and trends to capture key opportunities. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, develop and execute a considered, specific strategic plan for Wellsley Farms with clear targets, actionable Key Category initiatives, and a full range of growth tactics across known club media
- Create a selection and category development strategy with the Merchants to enter additional product verticals and play more strongly within destination, highly consumable categories. Know clearly where the “white space” is. Develop intimate understanding of supplier capabilities across Brand to fulfill category directives· Ability to provide input into Marketing budget
- Ensure that there is a clear consumer-driven strategy, both by Department and by Member Segment, to support the Brand and work collaboratively with Analyst to create the foundation for member and category successes· Act as the champion for Best-In-Class private brand ideas, from within the channel (especially Costco), but also with a broader view of supplier and key category best-in-class examples
- Build appropriate Brand strategies and tactics collaboratively with Merchandising for in-club (merchandising, demos) and hand-in-hand with Marketing for out-of-club (to specifically include, PR, social, direct vehicles like the “Quarterly”, other)
- Manage the Brand’s marketing budget so that it maximizes sales, support and communication for Private Brands.
- Track progress vigorously
- Lead the year-on-year share, new product and repeat purchase metrics for BJ’s
- Bachelors degree; MBA preferred
- 5+ years in Consumer Packaged Goods or Retail marketing function
- Food expertise strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI) and its foundational role
- Proven ability to develop a highly strategic and tactical marketing plan
- Facility and comfort in doing “more with less” and managing multiple priorities
- Proven cross-functional collaboration with sales, merchandising and other key departments
- Proven curiosity and determination to dig deeply into categories that are not data-rich
- A doer and difference-maker with high energy, team-player sensitivity
BJ’s offers a competitive Total Rewards package, including a comprehensive package of benefits designed to meet the needs of you and your family.
At BJ’s, we value diversity in our organization, and we are an equal employment opportunity employer.
- Location: Westborough, Massachusetts, 01581<=”” span=””>
- Job ID: 24538308
- Posted: July 10, 2015
- Position Title: Brand Manager- General Merchandise
- Company Name: BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Entry Level: No
- Job Function: Other