Develop original, trend correct surface design for use in assigned departments and/or categories of products for private brand. Researches appropriate design elements to meet the lifestyle needs of assigned brands or categories as well as ensuring that creative designs are specific to trend direction. Create profitable sales of specific design projects for private brand.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop original/transformational/innovative artwork for use in print, pattern, appliqués, embroidery (on garment) and floor ready/branding designs (hangtags, labels etc) to use as basis for creative specs.
- Complete designs with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Manage timelines for design and coordinate with Shopko teammates and vendors to ensure deadlines are met.
- Prioritize to meet deadlines for scheduled meetings and events.
- Provide timely and thorough communication with overseas and domestic vendors to ensure vendor execution of creative specs.
Research & Presentation
- Research external sources prior to developing designs each delivery season for trend, innovation and color direction.
- Monitor current selling to understand customer preference and use to aid future design.
- Confidently present and validate creative output and ideas to team.
- Miscellaneous projects as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- S. or B.A. in Clothing/Textiles/Design or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop required.
- Kaledo and WebPDM experience desired.
- Prior creative design or cad experience desired.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to operate various office equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all types of associates through written and two-way verbal communication.
- Ability to visually see and correct color to meet Shopko requirements.
- Able to read and write at a high school graduate level.
- Able to lift 10 to 20 pounds.
- Able to work normal and/or extended (evenings, nights, and weekends) office hours to meet established deadlines.
- Able to travel independently to support Company objectives and personal development.
Shopko is a $3 Billion company with over 18,000 teammates. In the retail and retail health business for more than 50 years, we have over 300 stores in 21 states. Shopko continues to grow, while maintaining our hometown feel in small to mid-sized city markets. We serve our communities by providing distinctive name-brand & value apparel, home decor, and seasonal merchandise and top-quality pharmacy and optometric services.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package!
If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at www.shopko.com/careers.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v