Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in the Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E.
We currently have an opening for a Graphic Artist, Packaging Designer. This person will create illustrations for products and graphic design collateral. Responsibilities include getting files ready for print, releasing art files, some photo retouching, updating and revising current designs, creating mock-ups and creating new layouts/design.
- Designs and produces new product packaging, labels, point of purchase material, brochures and other graphic images related to product development.
- Create packaging designs and mechanicals including new dielines.
- Suggests technical improvements and modifies formats to increase the quality of production and ensure that standards are met. Other technical duties may include scaling, cropping, retouching, repositioning and preflighting, or eliminating defective and excessive imaging. Proofread final art files to ensure there are no errors.
- Be able to make updates such as updating copy or images to current files or changing art to a new dieline.
- Some photo retouching: For example – changing a color on an image, placing a logo on a dryer, etc.
- Creates mock-up samples for brand managers.
- Prepare, archive and manage electronic art files
- Performs and other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related major
- 2-5 years’ experience working as a production/graphic artist.
- Must have experience preparing and preflighting files before going to printers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment with tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work with vendors to coordinate correct digital output and transmission of pre-press artwork prepared.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Office.
- Extensive knowledge of the printing process.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, profit sharing, and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex or disability.