At Kohl’s, we’re always looking ahead to creating the next great thing. Since 1962, our people have been our biggest asset and every great thing we do is thanks to the great people we hire.
Senior Manager, Brand
This position is responsible for the cross-functional leadership of the brand and manages the working relationship between all parties to develop product and determine private brand assortment. Brand Manager: Typically manage singular brand or category. Sr. Brand Manager: Typically manage mega or multiple brands.
Develop & Drive Brand Strategies
- Shape brand profile and consistency among brand categories
- Lead and drive short and long term brand strategies with cross functional partners
- Influence, interpret and apply customer & store feedback & market research process into brand strategy
- Identify and define brand concept ideas and opportunities
Business & Competitive Analysis
- Define competitive set for brand
- Be authority on competitor activities – Direct and evaluate competitive analysis
- Analyze business and drive in season action recommendations to Buying Office
Line Building and Managing
- Lead the development and management of line plan balanced to the fashion pyramid
- Set agenda, lead and present at milestone meetings
- Lead assortment building and decision making process for brand
- Collaborate with Merchants on setting IMU targets and communicate with production
- Develop and manage contigency plans
- Partner with Design to ensure style development is in line with brand
Cross functional Leadership
- Primary liaison with the buying office for PD partners for brand
- Align stakeholders on design aesthetic, brand profile and business strategy
- Support & influence production and sourcing recommendations for vendor selection
- Collaborate with marketing, MP and merchants on brand positioning, packaging and presentation
Management of associates
- Manages direct reports, systems and projects to achieve unit goals in accordance with Company policies and practices.
- Prepares and analyze unit plans and reports.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting the results of the operating area.
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing outstanding performance and maintaining open communications.
- Develops staff through coaching, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance assessments and establishing performance and development plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Product Development, Business or related area
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience in product development and / or merchandising.
- 5+ years of retail or product development experience
- Extensive line building and merchandising experience
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and email systems.
- Management experience
- Private Brand experience
- Overseas business travel, sourcing and purchasing experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically/ internationally