Meijer is a leading Supercenter located in five states throughout the Midwest, with over 200 stores and more than 60,000 employees. Our Midwest geography includes corporate offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and stores, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities throughout Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, and Wisconsin. As a multi-billion dollar retailer, Meijer is ranked as the 19th largest privately held company in the country. We have become a respected leader in the competitive retail market by sticking to our core values of customers, competition, family, freshness, and safety & health.
Currently, Meijer is looking for a Product Development Sourcing Manager. The individual selected for this position will be responsible for working with key international and domestic vendors, Foods Merchandising and Product Development to increase share growth, by sourcing materials or finished food items to deliver Meijer Own Brand products as good as or better than national brands.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing domestic and global product sourcing expertise to the team and the entire foods organization utilizing a skill set that includes sourcing strategy development, vendor identification/evaluation and negotiation, order placement and production management
- Providing raw material and/or finished goods sourcing support for Meijer Foods Own Brands
- Partnering with the Director of Product Development, other Meijer functional positions (e.g. QA, Packaging, Merchandising, etc).
- No P&L responsibility, but must have a record of solid financial success in product sourcing and P&L management
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area required (Procurement, Product Development, Merchandising, Manufacturing)
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in product sourcing both domestically and globally
- Product Sourcing Manager experience for an food retailer, wholesaler or manufacturer and have 4+ years of experience with steady progression to positions of increased responsibility
- Must have a successful track record sourcing raw materials/finished product both domestically and globally
- Must have successful track record sourcing food items.
- Must be aware of current trends in the industry, and be passionate about food
- Proven ability to develop sourcing strategies for raw materials and finished products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive thinker and problem solver
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Job: Product Development
Primary Location: MI-Grand Rapids
Job ID 1500005402
Date posted 06/15/2015