Ahold – Manager Own Brands Product Integrity
Department Name: CORP BRANDS
Job Status: Full-Time
Recruiter: Jessica Ulanow
Responsible for product safety and product quality and monitoring of Own Brands products across assigned categories. Work closely with corporate brand manufacturers and outsourced QA third party organizations (if applicable) to monitor quality and safety of Own Brand products across assigned categories.
Position can be filled in either Quincy, MA or Carlisle, PA
- Quality Assurance
- Execute Quality Assurance guidelines, strategies and codes of best practice standards for the assigned business areas (namely, Non-Perishable, Fresh and Non-Foods).
- Responsible for the product safety, quality and integrity of Own Brands brand products in the assigned business areas throughout the supply chain, warehouse, retail stores and customer level.
- Ensures product lines are appropriate for the designated Ahold customer segment
- Negotiate, develop and direct all aspects of the third party QA resources and respective participation in the Own Brand program, assisting AUSA in the development of quality standards for the assigned categories.
- Supplier Approval
- Assure responsible sourcing. Specifically, ensures that suppliers respect the rights of workers and provide safe working conditions while at the same time preserving the environment in accordance with the Ahold USA Corporate Responsibility requirements and ACM Control Memorandum 13.
- Analyze manufacturer operations for proper product safety & HACCP programs to the highest levels of global standards, Own Brands quality integrity and provide corrective action feedback for compliance with AUSA code of best practice.
- Identify manufacturers, processors, packers and growers who are not able to meet established quality and safety standards and works with them to implement corrective actions.
- Manages and executes recalls for assigned business areas.
- Quality Monitoring
- Monitors product quality throughout the life of the product, including customer complaints and regular checks.
- Negotiate, develop and direct all aspects of the third party QA resources and respective participation in the Own Brand program, assisting AUSA in the maintenance of quality standards for the assigned categories.
- Reacts to customer, store feedback about a given product in the assigned area and develops a plan to investigate, assess and correct situation.
- Responsible for conducting audits on all aspects of the quality assurance program, corporate brands QA initiatives, warehouse supply chain and retail stores as it relates to CB product safety and quality.
- Manages input and data integrity of product specifications
Education (Highest Level): Masters Degree
Experience: 5-7 years
Certificates or Other: 5-7 years of related experience
Travel Requirements: 20%
Removal Date: 06-20-2015