Save Mart Supermarkets – Innovation Manager
Job ID: 683
Location: Modesto, CA
Job Types: Consumer Research, Marketing, Sales/Marketing
Save Mart Supermarkets, a California corporation owns and operates more than 220 stores in Northern California and Northern Nevada under the Save Mart, S-Mart Foods, Lucky, Maxx Value Foods, and FoodMaxx banners. Headquartered in Modesto, California since the company was founded in 1952, Save Mart Supermarkets has always believed in supporting local suppliers and producers, and is actively engaged with the charities and causes of the communities where its stores do business. For more information on the stores of Save Mart Supermarkets, please visit www.SaveMart.com, www.LuckySupermarkets.com, and www.FoodMaxx.com.
We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package – to include medical, dental, vision, prescription, dependent coverage, 401(k)/Retirement, and more!
The Manager of Innovation plays a critical role in ensuring that the needs of our customers are met by identifying food trends that those customers will be eager to purchase. This position will work across all store departments, providing foods and products relevant to the needs and wants of our customers, resulting in Save Mart offering optimal customer solutions.
The Manager researches market and food trends, looking globally to forecast future trends, and partners with suppliers to identify unique products. This role provides support to the Private Label and Customer Merchant teams, as well as routinely interfaces with the Daymon group, all Banner teams, and the Customer and Category Insights teams.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develops expertise in food trends – leads and executes consumer insights, trend gathering, and competitive monitoring to identify opportunities for product solution innovation.
- Develops a portfolio of compelling customer-centric product offerings from concept or identification of unique supplier items, promoting relevance in every market and drives customers to the stores.
- Prepares and presents plans to Senior Director and Executive Director and Banner Leadership for review.
- Develops new concept stores in partnership with all banners through creative programs, new items, and vendor insight and recommendations.
- Regularly collaborates with Banner Customer Solutions Teams (Senior Directors, Managers) on strategy alignment to ensure products are relevant to each banner and marketplace.
- Builds support for innovative solutions throughout the organization by promoting the value and effectiveness of ideas, products, and programs.
- Manages and evaluates portfolio data and the innovation pipeline, assisting strategic decision making and go-to-market processes.
- Supports each banner’s strategic product roadmap for assigned area, to include product launch and product marketing in order to meet customer needs.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders across the life span of all assigned products, including Merchandising Strategy, Marketing, Sourcing, Procurement, Customer Experience Teams, etc.
- Proactively identifies trends and implements adjustments/solutions as needed.
- Utilizes product satisfaction indicators as key measurements in customer feedback in the decision making process.?
- Fosters an environment that encourages innovation and ideas from others as a means to grow the business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Location: Modesto, CA
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effective communicator in a variety of settings.
- Analytical Thinker – Approaches problems by using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach. Routinely uses numerical information in their work.
- Skillful negotiator with both internal and external groups.
- Customer Centered – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Business Acumen – Knows how business works. Is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Team Centered and Collaborative– Brings out the best in people; holds self and others accountable, makes fact-based decisions, integrity, makes expectations clear, understands big picture.
- Has a keen knowledge of the marketplace, including competition, consumer behavior and demands and demographics.
- A passionate expert of the products and services in the categories assigned; able to effectively demonstrate that passion to others.
- Innovative and supports innovation; likes trying new things; willing to fail, in order to not miss out on new and innovated solutions.
- Has extensive category management experience and perishable knowledge.
- Merchant who knows how to merchandise and sell to consumers. Passionate about the Total Store experience. Teaches others how to sell.
- Is results oriented and demonstrates Excellence in Execution.
- Energy/Drive – Challenges self and others to perform. Enjoys working hard.
- Leads and handles change, deals well with ambiguity, and is able to adapt quickly in a nimble environment.
Four year college degree (or equivalent knowledge gained through formal education, specialized training, or additional job experience)
Three years of relevant experience
Physical: Basic office environment
To apply please visit: http://www.savemart.com/apply
Pre-employment drug screen required.
Save Mart Supermarkets is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome resumes from individuals who will contribute to our diverse workforce.