Job Number: PRI00975
Macy’s is an industry leader in developing Private Brand Merchandise. Macy’s Merchandising Group (MMG) is responsible for conceptualizing, designing, sourcing, producing, selling and marketing Macy’s Private Brands across all categories. Some of our Private Brands include I•N•C, Charter Club/Club Room, Epic Threads, Alfani, Style & Co., Tools of the Trade, American Rag, Bar III, Jenni, Ideology, Hotel Collection, and The Cellar.
The GVP Brand Director is a key leader in strategic planning, sales and marketing direction for private brands. This position is responsible for the development of the 3-year business strategy inclusive of sales, penetration, EDI, replenishment, and analysis as well as leading and coordinating the marketing effort with MMG marketing division.
Strategic Planning, Sales Management, Profit Management:
- Key Leader in the development and execution of Brand Strategies including sales, margin, turn goals.
- Develop and present Private Brand seasonal tactics and objectives
- Develop Private Brand Financial Strategy, targets and receipt plans for the Buy Meeting
- Communicate the private brand merchandise and business strategies based on the plans to both MMG
- Senior Leadership as well as Buying / Planning.
- Lead in the execution of departmental budget, shipment and EBIT plans
- Monitor all aspects of merchandise performance (programs, key items, sales, margins)
- Manage the EDI Business Process for Private Brand
- Manage product performance information
- Responsible for implementation of all weekly selling reports and management summaries
- Manages placements and tracks shipment dollars
- Responsible for seasonal line profitability analysis reports
- Oversee all information flow between the product organization and buying/planning
- Assist marketing in the development of marketing plans and campaigns to support assortments
- Develops and follows through on all merchandise relating to visual campaigns
- Ensure merchandise strategies are executive on the store level
- Partner with Marketing Director on time and action calendar for each season
- Submit all monthly playbooks/selling guides
- Submit seasonal key items and back wall images
- DMM/DPM experience
- Category expertise preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to operate at a strategic level
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York- NY
Job: Brand Management