CVS Health is seeking a Senior Director of Store Brands to lead the Store Brands Business Team for one of the company’s largest retail initiatives. This candidate will report to the Vice President of Store Brands and will work with all other VP and Senior Director roles within Merchandising. The Store Brands Senior Director’s primary goal is to deliver results – managing the P&L, directing the strategic and every day development of the Store Brands portfolio, and leading a team of highly motivated colleagues within category management, product development and packaging. This Senior Director is responsible for setting the strategic direction for the Store Brands portfolio and achieving the Store Brands merchandising objectives, including hitting targets for sales, margin and penetration.
- Lead the development of the company’s total Store Brand strategy including long term financial measures, penetration and customer goals. Executes strategic plans and aligns and contributes to the overall business unit goals and objectives.
- Manage the P&L by delivering sales and margin goals in assigned portfolio, across all Business Units and categories
- Build and manage high performing teams in category management, product development and packaging
- Manage and develop 4 leaders and an overall team of 24
- Establish effective partnerships with the vendor community to include: collaborating, communicating, and negotiating to ensure strategies are aligned for the necessary business outcomes.
- Consistently seek and leverages market and industry intelligence to develop, strengthen and grow Store Brands offerings
- Continually sustain a strong understanding of current competition; as well as search out new competitive opportunities.
- Develop and initiate merchandising strategies and plans with critical marketing stakeholders.
- Develop and cultivate effective collaboration with cross functional stakeholders including Inventory, Pricing, Promotion, Finance, Store Design, Marketing and Store Operations.
- Willingness to travel 5-10%.
- 10+ years relevant experience in a retail organization; or in an analytical, merchandising, or buying position
- Prior successes managing, developing and engaging a large team
- Strong working knowledge of retail math concepts and demonstrated application
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategies to grow sales and margin
- Technical experience in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; some Access or other database knowledge
- Highly ambitious – seeks accountability in challenging the business environment
- Ability to clearly communicate with and persuasively present to a wide variety of audiences
- Results driven, with a desire to work in a fast paced environment
Education: Bachelor’s Degree; Masters Degree preferred
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Caremark is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking
AA EEO CVS Caremark