Kohl’s Product Development Manager (Home)
Location: 0908:New York Design Office
Auto req ID: 11651BR
At Kohl’s, we’re always looking ahead to creating the next great thing. Since 1962, our people have been our biggest asset and every great thing we do is thanks to the great people we hire.
This position is responsible for facilitating and directing the development and purchase of private and exclusive branded products.
- Develop and Drive Brand Strategies and Analysis
- Partners with Buying Office to drive the process, develop product, determine private brand assortment, and create brand integrity.
- Communicates, conceptualizes, develops, and sets standards for all of Kohl’s private and exclusive branded products, direct import, and domestic imports.
- Creates comprehensive, cohesive brand presentations.
- Aggressively pursues new business opportunities and brings to fruition successfully (domestically and overseas).
Vendor and Factory Sourcing
- Works with Kohl’s agent (Li & Fung) and domestic manufacturers to source/purchase private and exclusive branded products following all details, pricing strategies, and timing.
- Completes follow-up on all placement’s to ensure product specifications, quality standards, deadlines, and deliveries are met as contracted.
Process & Quality Management
- Facilitates the CTC process for timely milestone meetings and approvals for all private and exclusive merchandise.
- Ensures product standards are met once orders are placed with a specific maker.
- Ensures products conform to any or all legal requirements and is packaged and labeled appropriately.
- Active involvement with and knowledge of Kohl’s factory compliance efforts.
Cross Functional Leadership
- Builds a working partnership with Kohls merchant staff to take the leadership role to create private branded product lines.
- Leads the working relationships between all parties involved in the development and production of private and exclusive branded merchandise for Kohl’s.
Management of associates
- Manages direct reports, systems and projects to achieve unit goals in accordance with Company policies and practices.
- Prepares and analyze unit plans and reports.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting the results of the operating area.
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing outstanding performance and maintaining open communications.
- Develops staff through coaching, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance assessments and establishing performance and development plans.
- Qualifications Leadership experience in product development and / or merchandising, especially with private and/or exclusive brands.
- Overseas business travel, sourcing and purchasing experience for 5+ years.
- Knowledge of the product manufacturing techniques, fabrications, costing that will be used to produce the line of products the manager will be responsible for.
- 5+ years of line building and merchandising experience.
- 5+ years of buying or equivalent experience.
- Management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others