The Manager has a critical role in driving projects that deliver benefit within the brand and product development organization. This role will be responsible for successfully delivering projects that support the growth of our direct import business and private brand strategy. The manager will be responsible for clearly defining project goals and benefits, managing project scope, and delivering on-time benefits to the organization. The Manager will be expected to drive a highly matrixed team and leverage strong solution design and project management skills to deliver timely project benefits. Strong communication (both verbal and written) and teaming skills will be required to succeed.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
Project Planning, Discovery, and Scope Management Lead matrix team to develop project requirements and corresponding solution design (process & systems)
- Manage matrix team through project development, testing, and go-live preparation
- Support project implementation and measure success, including Project Issues and Risk Management
- Create presentations to convey clear messages to internal and external audiences
- Support product development program management reporting and prioritization activities
NATURE AND SCOPE –
Position reports to Dir. Prog. Mgmt. No direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS –
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Must be eighteen years of age
Must pass the Drug Test
Must pass the Background Check
Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE – 07
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Demonstrated Full Lifecycle Project Management experience.
- Solution design (process & systems) experience.
- Data collection, analysis and decision making experience.
- Process Mapping and work planning experience.
- Mastery of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Visio, Project applications.
- Ability to build a project cost benefit analysis and measure performance versus expectations
- Ability to resolve conflict and manage through challenging situations
- Logistics and supply chain experience – International experience a plus
- Product development lifecycle knowledge a plus
- Packaged software implementation, training, & support experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability, when given an assignment, to determine priority, define what to do, and how to do it.
- Cross Functional Communication, Teaming and Management experience
- Experience leading cross-functional matrixed work-teams
- Ability to effectively facilitate and lead meetings
- Ability to build and deliver presentations to large and small groups Experience leading cross-functional matrixed work-teams
Functional Area: Merchandising
Company: The Home Depot
Position Type: Full-Time
Relocation Provided: No