Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin-based retailer Kohl’s announced this week the expansion of their private brand and exclusive active and wellness offerings, new credible partnerships and unique social integrations promoted under the Make Your Move initiative launched earlier this year.
“Kohl’s is the go-to destination to Make Your Move, and we have inspired thousands of families to embrace a more active and well life — but we’re not stopping there,” said Michelle Gass, Kohl’s chief customer officer. “We understand families have busy schedules and we are providing easy ways to balance family and wellness. This spring, Kohl’s will offer new fitness gear that gets them energized, tips on how to change things up and try new activities, details on great yoga poses from Gaiam and Two Fit Moms, and so much more. No matter what next step, Kohl’s is committed to making a healthy lifestyle accessible to families everywhere.”
Kohl’s holistic approach to making active and wellness accessible to customers spans across a wide assortment of offerings including, Nike, Fitbit, NutriBullet, adidas, Fila Sport and ASICS, continuous active and wellness product launches and expansions, and new innovative partnerships and integrations throughout 2015, including:
From Studio to Street, Kohl’s Makes Yoga Accessible
- Gaiam – Kohl’s is partnering with Gaiam, a yoga, fitness and wellness company, to launch an exclusive women’s apparel collection on April 23. Designed specifically for the Kohl’s customer, the collection is priced from $30-$65 and will offer quality yoga apparel including yoga fit tops and bottoms that are perfectly designed to balance comfort, performance and style. Kohl’s customers can currently shop Gaiam accessories including, yoga mats, blocks, straps and more, which launched in fall 2014, at Kohl’s stores nationwide and Kohls.com.
- Two Fit Moms – Timed to the launch of Kohl’s exclusive Gaiam collection, Kohl’s is partnering with the popular yoga mom duo, Two Fit Moms, to be the face of the brand and engage customers. Laura Kasperzak and Masumi Goldman of Two Fit Moms have not only attested to the fit, style and performance of the exclusive apparel collection, but will also offer Kohl’s customers motivation and provide tips for new and experienced yogis on Kohl’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Kohl’s will also gift an exclusive yoga training DVD by Two Fit Moms with purchase of two Gaiam apparel items in Kohl’s stores nationwide and on Kohls.com, bringing yoga to homes across the country.
New and Expanded Offerings
- Bliss lifestyle collection – Launched in March on Kohls.com and at more than 500 stores, the Bliss collection offers nearly 50 products from its core line of skincare and beauty products. An exclusive Beachin’ Body Bliss kit will be available beginning May 15 at Kohl’s stores nationwide and Kohls.com.
- Tek Gear Plus – In March, Kohl’s expanded its online-only plus size offering of private active brand, Tek Gear, to Kohl’s stores nationwide. The online and in-store assortment now consists of more than 200 items including, tees, shorts, pants, capris, jackets and tanks and will be available in sizes up to 3X.
- Outdoor Recreation – This spring, Kohl’s is encouraging families to get outside and play by expanding its online assortment of sporting gear including, bikes, basketball hoops, golf equipment, skates and trampolines from brands like Nike, Schwinn, Spalding, Rawlings, Wilson and more.
In addition, Kohl’s will soon carry a mix of its extensive outdoor recreation offerings currently found on Kohls.com at Kohl’s stores nationwide including, Coleman tents, sleeping bags, backpacks, coolers, and accessories. Kohl’s will also be launching an expanded assortment of Columbia, an industry leader in outdoor apparel, in select stores throughout 2015, providing family apparel solutions including, hiking and footwear gear for camping and swimming. Kohl’s customers can begin shopping stores for their outdoor needs in late April.
- Shaun T – Beginning in July, Shaun T, fitness expert and creator of best-selling workout programs like INSANITY and Focus T25, will be the face of FILA training footwear with select styles available at Kohl’s stores nationwide and Kohls.com. Kohl’s will utilize Shaun T’s inspirational approach and encourage customers to take their first – or fortieth – step in a journey towards a healthier life through a multi-phased social marketing campaign. From late April through August, Kohl’s customers can interact with Shaun T on social media using #MakeYourMove.
Fitness Fun for the Family
- The Color Run – Kohl’s serves as the exclusive department store retail partner for The Color Run in 2015 with select Kohl’s stores serving as the packet pick-up location. Kohl’s has a social presence at each race and encourages participants to take and share celebratory photos at the finish line with their friends and family across social accounts using #MakeYourMove.
- FitFluential – Kohl’s is partnering with FitFluential, a leading blogger network of highly influential fitness enthusiasts, to shine a spotlight on all the ways that living well can be easy and fun. Kohl’s partners with a select group of new bloggers from FitFluential each quarter to provide tips, motivation and inspiration through videos, social posts and more. FitFluential bloggers are integrated into future Kohl’s wellness events including select Color Run races and at the Kohl’s Gaiam launch event. For dynamic content from the selected fitness bloggers, visit Kohl’s social channels including, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.