Company name: Sears
Position title: Category Manager – Snacks
Position type: Full Time
Experience: 5-10 Years
Salary: $100000 – $120000, Yearly
Location: Illinois, Hoffman Estates, 60179
For Kmart and Sears Holdings the Category Manager is responsible for development of business plans and implementation of category management process.
- Interprets category strategies to determine appropriate implementation in order to meet consumer needs.
- Identifies and updates information for any new merchandise space and product added to assortments; ensures analyses support the implementation of the new product.
- Works in conjunction with the Merchandise Planner in procuring merchandise at appropriate net cost including negotiating prices, terms, transportation, and method of distribution in order to meet company cost goals.
- Communicates category business plan needs for assortment and promotions to appropriate support personnel to ensure plan details are implemented.
- Analyzes appropriate internal, external, and consumer data to ensure business plans are implemented to meet plan and are in accordance with schedule.
- Supports Divisional Merchandise Manager in developing business plans; works in conjunction with vendors to analyze data to determine appropriate purchases.
- Implements corporate brands strategies by developing assortments
- MUST have 5-10 years in category management or retail buying experience. Requires a good knowledge and understanding of the total buying process including analysis, buying, trends, taste levels, and response to the business.
- Strong negotiation skills to aggressively close deals that positively affect bottom-line results.
- Strong listening, interpersonal and communication skills for sending and receiving clear upward, downward, and horizontal messages.
- Ability to analyze financial and business information as a tool for improving business results.
- Ability to work well with others as a team player.
- Ability to develop and implement fresh ideas to improve business results.