Family Dollar – Private Brand Business Development Director
Broaden the sales base by reviewing the existing program, proposing strategies based on new and innovative marketing techniques and expanding the variety of Private Brand programs. Manage operational objectives, which coincide with company goals. This position will be responsible for managing all lines of business as defined by LOB’s (Food, Household, HBA, and Discretionary), driving Private Brand Strategy and Vision. The position is responsible for the execution and refinement of developed category strategies and coordinating the resources of suppliers so that all Family Dollar goals are achieved. The Business Teams and Analytics will report into this position.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish agreed upon Private Brand strategy, sales and gross profit goals with the V.P. or V.P.’s of each line of business.
- Systematic strategic meetings with key stakeholders of each line of business to review sales/profit/penetration objectives, new marketing opportunities, pricing, merchandising, etc.
- Draft the yearly fiscal sales/margin/penetration budget.
- Champion Private Brand – expand the brand equity, grow in strategic categories.
- Utilize synergies between managed lines of businesses, i.e., cross merchandising, promotional tie ins, ad features, people resources, etc.
- Stay informed of current marketing trends, commodity outlooks, supply chain disruptions, supplier merger acquisitions and report accordingly.
- Help the Business Teams develop sales strategies for major product categories and ensure implementation at retail. This will include shelf management, merchandising, pricing, assortment and display recommendations.
- Lead Business Teams and Analytics to develop category business plans, encompassing analysis of current share and penetration, unit and dollar penetration goals, optimal mix, shelf placement, promotional plans and merchandising recommendations.
- Collaborate with retail pricing to ensure Private Brand pricing guidelines and policies are adhered to.
- Represent Private Brands at all relevant Family Dollar meetings, supplier reviews, buying shows, conventions, and trade events (i.e., ECRM, PLMA).
- Maintain and promote supplier partnership conducting regular and systematic connectivity with key suppliers of all lines of business.
- Ensure that the Private Brand supplier base understands Family Dollar’s position in regards to quality, service, responsiveness and resolution.
- Responsible for the development/advancement of direct reports utilizing – IDP’s, succession planning, coaching, training, shadowing, mentoring, coursework, special projects, cross training in other departments and feedback.
- Provide monthly Private Brand scorecard analysis to each line of business featuring call out categories.
- Bachelor’s degree required, business or marketing preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods/Grocery/Value Channel/Drug or Mass, preferable in Sales or Merchandising. Prior experience in retail/category management would be ideal.
- Experience leading teams and driving change through influence.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Sense of urgency and ability to multi-task effectively.
Primary Location: NC-Charlotte
Job Level: Director
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Background Check Required: Yes
Drug Screen Required: Yes