Macy’s Sr Manager Research & Development – RTW Brands
Job Number: PRI00898
Macy’s is an industry leader in developing Private Brand Merchandise. Macy’s Merchandising Group (MMG) is responsible for conceptualizing, designing, sourcing, producing, selling and marketing Macy’s Private Brands across all categories. Some of our Private Brands include I•N•C, Charter Club/Club Room, Epic Threads, Alfani, Style & Co., Tools of the Trade, American Rag, Bar III, Jenni, Ideology, Hotel Collection, and The Cellar.
Support MMG RTW brands with direction on trend, color and interpretation of Global Macys trends and Must Have items. Research the latest and upcoming trends in the market and competition in order to assist with actionable design inspiration and creative direction. Be aware of what’s happening up, down and around – exploring fashion, culture, lifestyle and business – identify white space opportunities for our brands. Knowledge and understanding of the business, curiosity and innovative thinking are critical.
- Gain strong understanding of RTW private brands and brand DNA – build strong relationships with Design and Product leaders
- Provide direction and work closely with design and product teams to ensure emerging trends are being worked into concept and product design where appropriate.
- Prepare and deliver high quality presentations including both digital, boards and sample format – ability to be very creative in presentation style.
- Build and articulate seasonal trend boards to identify and interpret clear brand concept and strategy.
- Understand each brand’s calendar and timeline, delivering the direction that is needed for each brand when appropriate to their development in partnership with Color and Fabric office.
- Create trend comprehensive reports drawing from all resources available – produce actionable reports. Attend relevant trade shows and presentations and deliver reports and presentations.
- Research and identify emerging trends (i.e., trim, prints, color, silhouette, etc.)
- Identify key items seasonally and interpret by brand
- Select, accessorize & style merchandise for marketing initiatives in partnership with Brands, Centercore, Marketing and Macys Fashion Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field.
- Minimum 5-7 years of industry experience.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Mac operation inclusive of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustator, Keynote.
- Strong eye for color, print, trend.
- Ability to view and differentiate the color spectrum.
- Experience supervising one or more direct reports.
- Proven design expertise in a given category.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload with multiple deadlines.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York- NY
Job: Research and Development