Meijer is a leading Supercenter located in five states throughout the Midwest, with over 200 stores and more than 60,000 employees. Our Midwest geography includes corporate offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and stores, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities throughout Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, and Wisconsin. As a multi-billion dollar retailer, Meijer is ranked as the 19th largest privately held company in the country. We have become a respected leader in the competitive retail market by sticking to our core values of customers, competition, family, freshness, and safety & health.
Currently, Meijer is looking for an Own Brand Lead. This position is responsible to drive growth on the base own brand business as a) project managers for new & renovated items, and b) a steward of 1st label brand equity.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive consistent application and execution of Meijer 1st Label brand and product guardrails
- Partner with Merchant Directors to prioritize, validate and deliver 1st Label & Meijer Fresh base business projects, including NBE/NBA, Line Extensions, and projects
- Lead end-to-end process for prioritized own brand project
- Lead Cross functional team meetings with QA/Reg, Packaging, Sourcing, and Merchandising
- Coordinate project details with OB vendors for 1st Label line extensions and projects
- Drive commercialization process using PLM system
- Develop, communicate and manage project timelines
- Monitor base business performancein order toprovide recommendations for:
- Projects that ensure on-going alignment to National Brands
- Line Extension Projects (NBE/NBA) that fill opportunity gaps
- Promotions to drive base business performance
- Partner with merchants/core teams to financially qualify new NBE/NBA opportunities
- Coordinate with OB Vendors to understand capabilities
- Business (or related) bachelor’s degree is required.
- 4+ years of brand management, marketing, merchandising, own brand, product development, sourcing / supply chain, project management, or similar experience is required
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter, proactive, strong work ethic
- Ability to blend creativity and analytics to address business challenges
- Understanding of P&L terminology and fundamentals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job: Product Development
Primary Location: MI-Grand Rapids