2014 was another great year for Private Brand and a great year for My Private Brand, readership and subscribers more than quadrupled making the site the most widely read daily Private Brand site in the world with a little more than 1.25 million page views. We continue to push the envelope with first to market stories, insights and strategy including:
- The launch my first book Fifty2: The My Private Brand Project, which has sold close to 5,000 books.
- The announcement that I joined the retail brand and marketing agency Theory House as the VP of Retail Brands.
- The groundbreaking launch of the first of its kind international Private Brand design competition the Vertex Awards.
- Breaking the redesign of Targets Archer Farm.
- The launch of Amazon Elements.
STAY TUNED FOR SOME EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENTS IN 2015!
Take a look back at the top stories of the year based on your readership, Walmart continues to dominate the list with the most read story of the year by more than 45,000 page views.
- Walmart Announces Launch of Price First in Q3
- Private Brand Predictions for 2014
- Hot off the Press – Fifty2: The My Private Brand Project the Book
- 2013 Vertex Awards Winners Announced
- Aldi Launches Simply Nature
- Target Remodels Archer Farms
- Amazon Debuts – Amazon Elements
- Cheap-er Isn’t Better, It’s Just Cheap – Global Retail Brands
- CVS Launches Gold Emblem Abound
- Kroger Sued Over ‘Simple Truth’ Chicken
Our growing archive of more than 5,000 stories continued to draw attention, with Private Brand readers consistently reading some of the biggest stories of the last five years
- Walmart Tests Neo-Generic\Basic Private Brand: Price First
- Kroger’s Simple Truth: Private Brand Consolidation
- The Premiumization of Walmart? Sam’s Choice?
- Clover Valley Better than A Dollar?
- A Closer Look At Walmart’s World Table
- Craftsman: Made in the USA – Manufactured in China?
- Apt 5 – A New York State of Mind.
- Target’s NEW Threshold Debuts!
- Food Lion Announces My Essentials
- Sam’s Club Launches Artisan Fresh