- Aligns and executes brand strategies.
- Ensures brand consistency and alignment through product development process.
- Provides guidance and direction to packaging teams regarding packaging development to ensure consistency.
- Aligns merchant strategy with brand strategies to ensure product alignment and development.
- Reviews and approves final products to ensure consistency with established expectations.
- Leads product development process.
- Partners with key vendors to gain insight into their business.
- Develops products to align and drive financial performance.
- Develops product specifications on supplier capabilities and performance.
- Collaborates with merchants and provides advice related to product development.
- Evaluates the product life cycle to identify potential issues.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to resolve product issues to minimize business disruption and ensure product on-time delivery.
- Aligns and executes appropriate sensory and product testing.
- Drives department objectives related to product development.
- Conducts research (for example, market analysis, competitor analysis, vendor review) to gain insight into current and future customer needs.
- Aggregates research information to direct product development.
- Benchmarks within the industry to identify trends and opportunities to grow profit and sales.
- Recommends new or enhanced product offerings to leadership.
- Ensures database alignment with product and supplier data.
- Negotiates and resolves discrepancies of supplier product information in the database
- Corrects product specifications.
- Recommends improvements to systems and tools.
Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, culinary, food science, chemistry or related field and 2 years experience in Retail Private Brands Management or related field OR 4 years experience in Retail Private Brands Management or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 5 years experience in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) Product Development or Retail Private Brands Management.
- 2 years experience in a retail environment.
- 2 years experience with cross-functional project management.
Job Role: Manager Product Development Private Brands
Job ID: 386727BR