The Home Depot – Sr. Manager, Global Sourcing
GA – Atlanta
The Global Sourcing Sr. Manager is responsible for developing sourcing solutions with manufacturers for our Private Brand business. This position will be responsible for successfully identifying and developing opportunities to deliver growth of assigned sourcing geography in support of our Private Brand growth. The Sr. Manager will clearly articulate solutions to the merchandising teams on benefit to margin and product vitality in a timely manner. The Sr. Manager is expected to understand sourcing within a retail organization, lead a cross-functional projects teams and leverage strong solution design and project management skills to deliver timely benefits. The Sr. Manager should have solid negotiation skills and understanding of product features and functions to present best alternatives to source from. Strong communication (both verbal and written) and leadership skills will be required to succeed.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- Partner with suppliers to develop product and assortment proposals
- Research, identify, and evaluate suppliers that can manufacture products under Private Label brands
- Support Merchant Product Development to successfully bring product to market
- Create presentations to convey clear messages to internal and external audiences
- Resolve Project Issues and risk management
Nature and Scope:
- Position reports to Vice President Global Sourcing
- Position has Direct reports
Environmental Job Requirements:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass Background Check.
- Must pass pre-employment test if applicable.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Work Experience Required: 7
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Deep understanding of Manufacturing Process
- Demonstrated Full Life-cycle Project Management experience
- Logistics and supply chain experience
- Product development life-cycle knowledge
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Sourcing experience
- Strong Analytical skills
- Knowledge of negotiation principles
- Ability to build a project cost benefits analysis and measure performance versus expectations
- Ability to resolve conflict and manage through challenging situations
- Ability to analyze supplier performance to identify and manage performance gaps
- Mastery of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Visio, Project applications
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and initiatives
- Ability to clearly communicate across functions and various levels
- Experience leading cross-functional matrixed work-teams
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2014
Functional Area: Logistics/Supply Chain/Import
Company: The Home Depot
Position Type: Full-Time
Relocation Provided: No