Earthfare – Senior Director, Integrated Brand Marketing
Tracking Code: 1625-632
The Senior Director, Integrated Brand Marketing (SDIBM) is responsible for creating competitive advantage by implementing a customer-centric, omni-channel, go-to-market strategy. He/She will support a comprehensive customer experience vision that enables our brand purpose to make real food accessible to everyone in the community.
The SDIBM is accountable for leading strategic planning, brand management, financial management, program development and execution of all brand marketing activity inclusive of Owned, Paid and Earned Media. He/She will input into the development of the in-store experience branding/aesthetic as well as any other out-of-store representation. The SDIBM will work across all functional areas of the organization, his/her direct report team and external agency partners, to develop working relationships of trust and respect that support our Earth Fare values and align with overall business goals.
- Support and implement the marketing team organization goals and objectives.
- Apply customer insights that will drive the short- and long-range marketing plans.
- Develop YOY plans including strategies, goals and objectives.
- Develop the measurement plan to accomplish brand and financial goals.
- Ensure brand standards are adhered to in the development of all internal and external communication as well as retail store interior and exterior branding.
- Provide branding and marketing support in the development of our Private Brand program inclusive of brand management, new brand development, package design and product development that meets our brand guardrails.
Financial Management and Measurement
- Develop and align all stakeholders to marketing budgets.
- Monitor and course correct marketing spend.
- Monitor ROI models to maximize spending.
- Monitor brand strength and customer satisfaction goals, making recommendations for improvements across all points of customer contact.
Program Development – Tactical Planning
- Develop marketing programs across core, new store openings and competitively impacted
- Develop channel strategies across digital and traditional channels.
- Develop seasonal, department or overall fleet programs that support merchandising strategy.
- Develop integrated loyalty programs.
- Oversee all tactical execution to ensure we execute with excellence.
- Performance-manage team members inclusive of hiring, talent evaluation, annual performance reviews, goal development, quarterly reviews, performance feedback and corrective action if necessary. Collaborate with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Support succession planning.
- Develop cross-department relationships of trust to enable our go-to-market strategy to be successfully implemented.
- As part of the leadership team, participate in and lead internal initiatives and team building activities.
- As a leader in the retail marketing community, develop Earth Fare’s employment brand to attract and retain top talent.
- Demonstrated success leading teams in large and small matrix organizations.
- Combination of classical brand marketing coupled with retail marketing expertise with an emphasis on digital marketing.
- Strong financial analysis and budgeting skills.
- Strong ability to identify and apply key customer insights
- Demonstrated ability to work with merchant and operations teams in the development and execution of retail programs.
- Strong understanding of retail business and economic model
- Experience in a loyalty led environment
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving, negotiation, and leadership skills.
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient using MS Office, Excel, database and word-processing programs.
- Exceptional communication, persuasion and relationship-building skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing preferred, MBA desired.
- Must have at least 10+ years’ experience in grocery retail, within a marketing
- Must have strong digital marketing experience.
- Loyalty program experience preferred
- Natural/organic foods industry experience preferred.
- Must have 5 years of classical brand marketing experience outside of retail.
- Must have prior experience with financial analysis, consumer research, marketing planning, tactical planning, execution and leading/managing people.
- Previous budget management required.
- Previous role(s) as a marketing leader required.
Job Location: Fletcher, North Carolina, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular