Minneapolis-based Target announced this week new initiatives for the holiday season centered on new products – including new and enhanced digital tools and free shipping on all Target.com orders now through December 20.
“Target is poised to deliver an unparalleled holiday shopping season. We’ve been building capabilities that put us in a strong starting position, including the right digital tools and a broad assortment of unique, on-trend merchandise. Our value proposition will be unrivaled, with compelling promotions and an exceptional shopping experience online and in our stores,” said Brian Cornell, Chairman of the Board and CEO, Target. “It’s about delivering on our promise of ‘Expect More. Pay Less,’ and when we do that, Target is impossible to beat.”
Tools and Services
With conversion on Target’s digital channels up 40% this year, guests are turning to Target.com for more of their shopping. To make it even easier for guests, for the first time, Target will offer free shipping on all Target.com orders for the holidays, now through December 20. Additionally, more than 65,000 items are now available for Store Pickup on Target.com and 80% of orders are fulfilled within one hour, making it a convenient option for busy shoppers through Christmas Eve.
Target will launch a Wish List app beginning October 31— a modern and digital take on the classic tradition of creating holiday wish lists for parents and kids. Kids can add must-have items to their list, while parents can share the list with friends and family. Target’s Wish List app also offers an augmented reality feature that works with Target’s Kids’ Gifting catalog. Plus, guests can save 10 percent on their Wish List on one day of their choosing before November 26. The app can be downloaded on Apple and Android mobile and tablet devices or printed on the registry kiosks in Target stores.
Additionally, mobile and tablet apps are re-launching in time for the holidays. With these enhancements, guests will find it even easier to locate and purchase what they’re looking for using interactive store maps and shopping lists as well as streamlined checkout including, Apple pay in the iPhone app.
Target has it all for the holidays, from top national brands to exclusive giftable items that can only be found at Target, including:
- Top electronics gifts for all ages, including Beats by Dre, Apple iPhone, Skylanders Trap Team and exclusive iPhone cases designed by Brooklyn-based graphic designer and letterer, Dana Tanamachi.
- TOMS for Target, featuring more than 50 items including apparel and accessories, shoes and home goods all priced under $50. In addition to the five percent of its profit Target gives to communities every day, Target will donate blankets, meals or shoes to people in need for each TOMS item purchased. The collection will be available beginning Nov. 16 for a limited-time-only.
- Annie for Target by Renée Ehrlich Kalfus, a limited-edition collection of girls’ apparel and accessories inspired by the remake of this family-favorite movie, all under $30 and available beginning Nov. 16.
- A beautiful, limited-time-only collection of American-made scarves, throws and handbags from the 150-year-old Faribault Woolen Mills in Minnesota. Available beginning Nov. 2 exclusively through Target’s digital channels.
- Fitness and travel accessories in unique and retro prints, designed by London-based artist, Orla Kiely, available exclusively at Target.
- Exclusive Threshold and Nate Berkus at Target home décor and entertaining items.
- Cozy, stylish apparel and accessories for the whole family featuring key seasonal elements like cashmere blend, genuine leather and faux fur.
- Top Toys, including exclusive Disney Frozen My Size Dolls, Wubble Bubble Ball and Zoomer Dino – Boomer and Target’s Boutique Brand toys from brands such as Wonderology, Hape and Mindware.
- Exclusive beauty products at a great value, including luxe brushes and bags by Sonia Kashuk, new holiday gift sets from Pixi by Petra and an assortment of makeup palettes, fragrances and hair appliances.
Partnership with STORY
This holiday, Target will partner with innovative New York retailer STORY. STORY brings an editorial lens to retail and reinvents itself every four to eight weeks—from merchandise and store design, to floor plans and fixtures—bringing to light a new theme or trend. From Target’s design partnerships to its everyday collections, STORY will curate its favorite holiday treasures from Target, alongside its other must-have items for the season, beginning November 5.
“Working with STORY will give holiday shoppers in Manhattan a new way to discover Target’s brand and products,” said Kathee Tesija, Chief Merchandising and Supply Chain Officer, Target. “This unique concept will also provide a testing ground for us to continue to understand how merchandising and product curation influences our guests.”
Holiday Marketing Campaign
Target’s marketing campaign will encourage people of all ages to let loose, give into the spirit and feel the unmistakable joy of the holiday season. The advertising, which will start to run on November 2, will boldly embrace the iconic elements that make Target, Target—using the red, white and Bullseye that guests love. The campaign will include broadcast, radio, out-of-home and catalogs with an increase in digital media support by 50%. Target stores will be transformed with fun and whimsical in-store décor created in partnership with David Stark Design, one of the top event design agencies in the world.