Strategic Sourcing Manager- Delhaize America
Job Number: 14-038775
Positions Available: 1
Operating Company: Delhaize America
Full/Part Time Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salary)
Location: Store #72052 – Salisbury
Address: 2110 Executive Drive
Lead strategic sourcing team to manage on line negotiation process for Delhaize America’s private brand and branded product categories. Responsibilities include advising business owners on industry standards and trends pertaining to sourcing methodology; assessing market conditions; understanding contract terms and conditions. Lead and facilitate supplier discovery process; providing analysis necessary for business owners to make best possible supplier selection; track and report on cost of goods savings, facilitate process for price and term negotiation. Provide guidance to business stakeholders on all matters relating to Strategic Product Sourcing best practices. Collaborate in the development and champion the use of the Value Based Procurement process where applicable in both fresh and dry departments. Support category managers in developing strategic alliances with suppliers with the creation of long-term contracts associated with commodity pricing. Determine best strategic negotiation approach in collaboration with VBP and Category Management, prioritization based on market conditions and commodity pricing.
- Create and develop a strategic sourcing / bid strategy to optimize the cost associated with procurement and to create the best overall cost of ownership for the private brand and branded products for all of the Delhaize America banners
- Leading a team of experts who collaborate across multiple business areas in all of the US banners, all in pursuit of the best possible strategic supplier decisions.
- Manage the sourcing process through key metrics in service of Corporate Initiatives.
- Determine and implement the appropriate negotiating methodology; lead cross-functional teams of subject matter experts (SMEs), stakeholders and suppliers
- Serve as a business partner to internal key stakeholders by supporting their critical business requirements
- Drive process change and enrolls owners to investigate new processes and celebrates participation and enrollment
- Negotiate the best Total Cost of Ownership on private brand and branded products by re-defining the processes, negotiations and bidding strategy; enabling our category managers and banners to execute go to market strategies at the best possible cost.
- Lead, recruit, hire, train and retain the very best qualified Sourcing associates.
- Participate in committees/special projects as requested or other duties related to our corporate strategy as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- Five to ten years experience in Sourcing, Merchandising, Procurement, Maintenance, and/or Operations
- Project Management skills
- Self starter with desire towards continued development
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to lead through influence
- Total ownership/accountability
- Strong leadership and managerial skills in leading cross functional groups
- Knowledge and experience with management and financial statements
- Experience in difficult decision-making, problem solving, and strategic planning
- Exemplary negotiation skills
- Up-to-date understanding of category/industry knowledge and best practices