Inspired by popular world cuisines including Chinese, Indian and Italian, the new “by Sainsbury’s” private brand products include stir-through, oven-bake, cooking and dipping sauces, accompaniments like authentic naans & noodles, as well as, pizza bases & toppers, all to help customers make their own favorite takeout dishes at home at a fraction of the price.
By simply adding an element of readily available additional fresh ingredients like chicken or salmon or pasta, customers can create tasty meals using the easy to follow recipes available on the packaging.
Georgina Lunn, Product Developer said: “Takeaways (Takeout) can be an expensive treat and we want to inspire our customers to try a cheaper alternative which doesn’t sacrifice taste. These new store cupboard products have been designed to help our customers recreate the UK’s most popular takeaway dishes, all of which are easy to make or assemble so the whole family can get involved in cooking a delicious yet fuss-free meal.”
Indian – Indian food is the UK’s most popular world cuisine and the new range features 19 new products including:
- New ‘stir-through’ curry cooking sauces with flavors like Creamy Coconut, Tikka Masala and Jalfrezi.
- New flavors of poppadoms, naan breads in a variety of exciting flavors including chili and peshwari and chappatis.
- New ready to eat dipping sauces to suit all tastes with flavors like raita, spicy lime and mango
Chinese – there are 12 new products including:
- New oven-bake sauces with the popular flavors of Chinese BBQ and Sticky Soy & Ginger
- Quick-to-cook udon noodles, chili noodles and pad-thai ribbon noodles
- New dipping sauces in plum, teriyaki and hoisin flavors, perfect with our new prawn crackers.
Thai – there are 8 new products including:
- Coconut milks made from carefully selected ripe Thai coconuts. Try picking up a can with our green Thai curry paste
- We all love sweet chili sauce and now its available in a 150g dipping pot, 300ml bottle and for the real die-hard fans, a 500ml bottle!
- And you can’t forget the spicy Thai crackers and satay dipping sauce
Italian: 14 new products making it simple to replicate popular Italian dishes at home:
- Innovative new pesto sauces including lemon and coriander
- Delicious stir-through cooking sauces with innovative combinations like roasted red onion & blue cheese
- Flame Baked Pizza Bases made with extra virgin olive oil that can be topped with our two new pizza sauces – tomato & basil and BBQ – great fun for children to make their own pizzas.
Individual prices range from £1.15 – £1.60 but there’s a meal deal offer across Indian, Chinese and Thai ranges at 3 products for £3.