Walgreens – Director Private Brands
Job Location: Northbrook, IL
Job Number: 015602
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for creating and executing both long term and short term Private Brand strategies; demonstrating a strong sense of leadership; working across divisional lines to set corporate standards on the Walgreens Private Brand proposition; and creating an end-to-end execution plan. Responsible for leading the innovation of new items as well as leading the strategy on store placement and merchandising. Responsible for tracking Private Brand results by category, analyzing those results, monitoring key competitive, consumer, and corporate performance indices and communicating any issues or opportunities to the appropriate party. Acts as direct strategic counsel to senior members of Walgreens, such as the Chief Merchandising & Marketing Officers, Divisional VPs in the Marketing and Merchandising organizations.
- Collaborates with GMMs to develop 2-3 year Private Brand visions.
- Leads all branding/packaging changes as aligned with strategy.
- Conducts quantitative and statistical economic analytics to identify Private Branding initiatives across categories.
- Collaborates with Marketing to develop 2-3 year Private Brand strategies.
- Establishes and ensures Private Brand standards across categories.
- Identifies innovative Private Brand solutions for key categories.
- Negotiates and implements international supplier partnerships and vendor management programs.
- Manage and resolve logistics and supply chain issues.
- Develops and mentors staff, develops employees through orientation, training establishing objectives, communication policies, constructive discipline; builds employee morale, and motivation.
- Ensures focus on and/or attainment of performance metrics including progress against business group strategic plans, ROI, Net Margin improvement, new product sales, days inventory on hand, departmental efficiency, 360 degree feedback, attainment of special project goals; improvement on areas development and strategic planning process cycle time improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of experience in strategic sourcing or brand management.
- Experience in establishing Private Brand standards, and growing Private Brand profitably through innovation, marketing, and store execution.
- Experience in innovation, sourcing and merchandising across several different product categories.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative consumer and competitor insights to craft Private Brand solutions across categories.
- Experience in private brand ideation, retail, manufacturing/sourcing, operations management, and/or supply chain.
- Knowledge of advanced financial modeling and advanced marketing.
- At least 5 years of experience planning, developing, and managing expense and capital budgets.
- Experience in the indirectly management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Requisition ID 015602