At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Provides support to Product Development Manager for end-to-end product development process inclusive of product specification creation and validation through consumer testing, advertising and communication; identifying needs and changes to products, packaging and suppliers to assigned categories. Supports sourcing initiatives and processes.
- Manages the end-to end product development process inclusive of product specification creation and validation through consumer testing, advertising and communication for 9-12 merchandise categories.
- Develops and executes sourcing strategies, identifies needs and changes to products, packaging, and suppliers in assigned categories; develops product and packaging innovations and reformulation; develops, manages and forecasts sales and profit by category.
- Develops and fosters third party relationships and ensures fair and competitive costs and charges; and develops strategic supplier partnerships to be first to market with the best in class products, reduce costs, improve service and supply.
- Works cross-functionally with category leaders to build appropriate short and long term strategies with focus on the position of Private Brand within each assigned category.
- Collaborates with marketing and insights to enhance consumer testing expertise to minimize risk to Walgreens when launching new products.
- Understands and ensures compliance by Walgreens and Walgreens’ suppliers with all regulatory requirements on both domestic and imported products.
- Sets and exceeds productivity targets with emphasis on cost reduction without losing quality.
- Works with supply chain to maximize logistic efficiency and enhance productivity.
- Sets spending budgets on pricing, in-store promotions and advertising for assigned categories.
- Bachelors Degree and at least 2 years of experience in Merchandising, Product Development, Marketing, or Supply Chain.
- At least 2 years of experience in buying and/or purchasing in a retail environment.
- Knowledge of related business financial concepts, modeling and analysis.
- Experience with retail data such as Nielsen or IRI.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Knowledge of retail store merchandising including placement and promotion.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Knowledge of logistics and the effect on store and warehouse fill rates, inventory, and shelf life, and the results these areas have on Company profitability.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience collaborating with internal resources and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Requisition ID 015616