Michaels Arts & Crafts – Private Brand Manager
Irving, TX 75063
This position is to support the company’s strategic initiative to grow Private Brand (PB) Product and PB sales. The associate plays a significant role in supporting Category Management in driving the process and leading the team to successfully execute the strategies and achieve the financial goals established by the Company for assigned product categories.
Primary Responsibilities: The Private Brand Manager (PBM) drives the execution of the Strategic Sourcing initiative by supporting the Category Director. The primary goal is to reduce the cost of goods sold by driving increases in direct sourcing, private brands and spurring innovation. The PBM is responsible for the overall management of product development and sourcing activities from project planning to delivery of product to in-store opportunities.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships that support category needs to provide the best “cost” and “value” equation.
- Some international travel may be required to work with global vendor and agent network.
- Cost negotiations, production, on-time shipments and overall execution for assigned product categories. Accountable for meeting target product costs specified by the Product Development Brief while maintaining quality standards.
- Manage agents and factories to understand production cycles, production run opportunities, and build opportunities to reduce costs via timelines, factory consolidation, re-engineering of products and packaging efficiencies.
- Manage the overall project timeline, lead weekly cross-functional team meetings, identify risks that may affect the timeline and lead efforts to mitigate risks.
- Communicate the project status to all cross-functional team members
- Partner closely with the Category Director to develop the product road map and provide financials, feasibility, timelines, resources, and consumer insights that will form the basis of essential product features.
- Manage milestone dates for each product
- Drive and manage communications between all internal and external stakeholders including Merchandising, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, Agents, Vendors, Legal and Inventory Management.
- Serve as the everyday link between the Category Director and our Strategic Sourcing team (packaging, QA, Design) by synergizing all the external and internal resources to develop products.
- Drive Direct Import growth through effective product lifecycle management. Develop category Sourcing Plans and be responsible for execution of the Plans under the direction of the Director of PB and GS Management.
- Create and maintain all documents, processes and meetings related to the product development process
- Manage product or information changes, document and communicate all changes to cross-functional teams within Michaels Stores Inc.
|% of Time||Major Activities|
|30||Sourcing Process Execution, including Sample Processes, Creative Brief, and Project Management.|
|10||Vendor relationship and management.|
|15||Sourcing and overseas trip|
|15||Product development/management, innovation and quality improvement|
|a. Minimum level of formal education:||Bachelor degree is required and a MBA or a Master degree in a related field is a plus.|
|b. Area of study:||Business related major is preferred.|
|c. Special certification or technical skills:||N/A|
|d. Minimum years experience required:||Minimum 5 years of experience of product development and sourcing with a major retailer, brand or product develop/sourcing company.|