Macys – Brand Manager – Center Core
Job Number: PRI00666
Macy’s is an industry leader in developing Private Brand Merchandise. Macy’s Merchandising Group (MMG) is responsible for conceptualizing, designing, sourcing, producing, selling and marketing Macy’s Private Brands across all categories. Some of our Private Brands include I•N•C, Charter Club/Club Room, Epic Threads, Alfani, Style & Co., Tools of the Trade, American Rag, Bar III, Jenni, Ideology, Hotel Collection, and The Cellar.
Brand Manager is the key player in updating and maintaining the brand identity of the line and is responsible for pieces of strategic planning, sales and marketing direction for the brand. This position reports to the Brand Director or Vice President.
Sales / Margin:
- Generate support of the line and financial plans by gathering product performance input from division, sharing line development and direction, and promoting the assortments
- Responsible for implementation of all weekly selling reports and management summaries
- Manage division placements and tracks all shipment dollars
- Recap and analyze all order placements, write corporate callouts and follow through to make sure changes are implemented
- Responsible for seasonal line profitability analysis reports
- Oversee all information flow between the product organization and the divisions
- Responsible for identifying and communicating to divisions all reorders and new emerging opportunities
- Partner with VP in execution of seasonal private brand sales vendor margin plans
- Write Private Brand Financial Strategy, targets and receipt plans for the Buy Meeting.
- Communicate to division the private brand merchandise and business strategies based on the plans
- Develop tactics and objectives for each season and meeting.
- Assist marketing in the development of marketing plans and campaigns to support assortments.
- Develop and follows through on all merchandise relating to visual campaigns
- Ensure merchandise strategies are executed on the store level.
- Partner with marketing director on time and action calendar for each season
- Submit all monthly playbooks/selling guides
- Submit seasonal key items and back wall images.
- Provide leadership to division and product staff through product category expertise.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Minimum 5 years buying experience
- Data input with high accuracy rate required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.