Meijer – Package Designer
Meijer is a leading Supercenter located in five states throughout the Midwest, with over 200 stores and more than 60,000 employees. Our Midwest geography includes corporate offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and stores, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities throughout Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, and Wisconsin. As a multi-billion dollar retailer, Meijer is ranked as the 15th largest privately held company in the country. We have become a respected leader in the competitive retail market by sticking to our core values of customers, competition, family, freshness, and safety & health.
Meijer has strategically invested in “Own Brand” programs across all product categories to increase innovation and ensure a competitive advantage. Our product and brand development team members use their expertise and experience to identify unmet customer needs and develop and source product solutions, collaborating with our merchandising and manufacturing teams. Consider bringing your past product development experience in retailing or manufacturing to Meijer.
Currently, Meijer is looking for a Package Designer. The individual selected for this position will be responsible for executing Own Brand creative and production packaging artwork.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing Creative Own Brand designs and illustrations as needed
- Executing production packaging artwork against established brand standards
- Creating Own Brand standards for new brand designs and redesigns
- Scheduling and coordinating packaging photography
- Coordinating sample delivery/pick-up to and from photographer
- Maintaining digital artwork file system
- Conducting store and competitive audits to provide competitive design analysis
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design; packaging design preferred
- Graphic design experience, preferably packaging graphic design
- Mac/PC computer skills and software skills at Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Professional and InDesign), Freehand and Microsoft Office
- Creative design and illustrative abilities
- Strong communicative, organizational and problem solving skills
- Adept at prioritizing deliverables to meet established timelines
- Knowledge of the retail industry
- Detail and results-oriented and proficient at time management
Job: Product Development
Primary Location: MI-Grand Rapids
Meijers Corporate Headquarters
2929 Walker Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49544