PB CAREERS: Sears – Mgr, Global Channels – Craftsman & DieHard
Requisition ID: 313152BR
Job Function: Sales
Employment Category: Regular, Full-time
Sears Req Type: Salaried Exempt
The Manager Global channels, is responsible for leading product and merchandising activities for the Craftsman and DieHard branded business conducted through the wholesale channel. These channels include retail and industrial customers in both international (excluding Canada) and domestic markets.
The Manager Global channels is responsible for establishing strategic direction, planning and implementation of all product activities including but not limited to channel strategies, long-range and short-range product planning, product assortments and merchandise mix by channel, pricing strategies and researches areas for new products. This position partners closely with the Sales team, Brand Management, Design, Engineering teams within the KCD branded business to develop and execute their business plans.
Manages multiple large-scale projects simultaneously, and directing others within the enterprise to optimize results
Business strategies by portfolios to drive the desired objectives of driving growth of Craftsman / DieHard branded business in wholesale channels including domestic and international. Execute in partnership with KCD sales team.
- In-depth analysis of business & Industry dynamics to develop channel strategies that drive accretive profitable growth in wholesale channels.
- Identification and mitigation of cannibalization & other enterprise risks.
- Robust process and cadence to create and maintain these strategies.
- Understands channel needs, consumer value proposition, competitive differentiation and brings that to life through assortments tailored by channel
- Leads product growth opportunities and exit strategies based on business financials, consumer and industry trends, and market penetration strategies
- Executes development/ launch of any channel specific product proposition.
- Provides strategic input to the product and souring teams in developing vendor strategies to support competitiveness within these channels
- Leads successful implementation of merchandising strategies in order to attain revenue, gross profit and gross margin objectives
- Supports Sales teams to develop pricing strategies that optimizes value creation for the enterprise
- Develops in partnership with sales team commercialization strategies including account presentations, product merchandizing options etc.
BEST fit is a candidate with product strategy and channel experience in branded tools, home improvement, home hardware, building supplies and similar. Best brand experience could include Ryobi, Milwaukee, AEG, Werner, Knaack, Weather Guard, Stanley, Black and Decker, Dewalt . Your experience with companies such as Fortune Brands, Newell Rubbermaid, Masco and Spectrum Brands could be a great fit into the Craftsman Diehard team.
Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Experience with wholesale or branded product strategy in home improvement, tools, hardware, auto(?), home hardware and related is REQUIRED.
- Must be able to earn credibility with senior leaders in order to consistently influence senior-level audiences
- Exceptional drive to overcome barriers
- Interpersonal/Political Savvy – will need to quickly develop relationships and trust with a wide variety of cross functional and global colleagues
- Wholesale experience required
- Ability to quickly see the “big picture” and use qualitative and quantitative data to create innovative strategies that move the corporation forward
- Analytical: active curiosity – must enjoy gathering and digging deeply into data to identify issues and create effective solutions
- Confidence to interact with senior management and maturity to succeed through teamwork and effective collaboration
- Apply deep understanding of global business issues to operational plans
- Strong work ethic – real self-starter able to demonstrate strong proactive approach and self-initiative; persistent and tenacious; excessive level of commitment and dedication to meet aggressive deadlines with high-quality results
- Demonstrated flexibility and open-mindedness around change; positive, can-do attitude
- Strong business acumen: strong financial, strategic, operational and leadership skills; ability to grasp understanding of business models and key drivers quickly
- Focused on results: willingness to do what it takes to get the job done right
- Strong Matrix Leadership Skills
- Financial Acumen and Analytics
- Strong Creative Problem Solving Skills
- Change Management Skills
- Ability to coach others with speed and purpose
- Global/International Experience
- Brand Management Experience
Years Experience: 5 – 10 Years Experience
Preferred Minimum Education: Bachelors Level Degree
Travel Requirements: On Occasion (Less than 5%)
Location Address 1: 3333 BEVERLY ROAD
Location Address 2: CORPORATE OFFICES
Location City: Hoffman Estates
Location State: IL
Location Postal Code: 60179
Country: United States
EEO/EOE Footer: EEO Employer