JCPenney – Senior Project Manager – Creative Packaging
Job ID: 319216
Location: Plano, Texas
Manages, leads and develops creative production for concept through release in support of Company, Marketing, Product Development, Merchandise and Brand Management objectives.
- Directs, designs, and manages creative production for new and established private brands in line with Brand Marketing directives. Creates, manages, communicates, and executes brand, marketing, and packaging style standards for network integration. Ensures proper network relationships, managing, and maintaining brand integrity, for consistent multi-channel delivery and assimilation.
- Conceptualizes, designs and supervises the creative development of ideas for private brand retail packaging that support brand and product objectives. Directs and develops these ideas into innovative cost effective packaging to improve sales and consumer perceptions of the Company/brand.
- Directs, leads, and manages outside creative services such as design agencies, photo studios, color separators, print suppliers, and freelance designers for program/packaging development and proofing evaluations.
- Develops and executes photographic strategy in collaboration with Creative Packaging Sr. Art Director, Marketing Sr. Project Manager, and network creative teams to establish brand and creative standards for photographers/studios and develop shoot schedule. Negotiates freelance support.
- Directs photography, assistants, stylists, models and set builders to achieve maximum productivity and brand continuity. Directs post- production digital processing for color corrections, retouching, and proofing final press ready digital files.
- Reviews and checks all artwork to ensure brand standards and program continuity for creative template, imagery, messaging, FTC compliance, language translations, and Company policy prior to submitting to senior management for approval. Provides personal accountability for the accuracy of program development, proofing, and final artwork for assigned programs.
- Coordinates with Marketing, Product Development, Merchandise Divisions, Direct, Internet, and Store Environment to ensure network brand/creative program continuity.
- Coordinates with Product Development Services and Procurement to expedite program release for production and delivery.
- Directs internal/external creative services (i.e., ad agencies, design studios, freelance designers and copywriters).
Education: College art school graduate or equivalent design experience preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 8 years’ experience in packaging design/layout for total media production, proven technical/management skills preferably directing, leading, and training creative services/personnel.
- Organizing work, building relationships, and communication.
- Excellent knowledge/proficiencies in evolving technology for creative design, project management, media production, packaging principles.
- Strong skills in Mac Platform CS2, Adobe Illustrator 10, Adobe Photoshop CS2, Quark, File Maker Pro, Excel, Word.