Amazon – Senior Product Manager, Brand Manager
Job ID: 263998
Posted Date: 4/19/2014
Company: Amazon Corporate LLC
Position Category: Project/Program/Product Management–NON-TECH
The Amazon Consumables team is looking for a dynamic Senior Brand Manager to drive the face of a new brand through all communication vehicles: marketing, sampling, packaging, and site content. The Senior Brand Manager will deepen our consumer, category and product insights that are key inputs into brand positioning, roadmap and product assortment.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for understanding the unmet needs of customers and for communicating solutions and stories to them. This candidate will exhibit a sense of urgency and great attention to executional detail. The candidate will possess excellent communication skills and the ability to drive consensus across multiple stakeholders.
The Brand Marketing Manager’s primary responsibilities include:
- Managing development of packaging concepts for new categories
- Create and maintain brand style guides and other frameworks for marketing communication, product development, and packaging.
- Collaborate with Marketing Managers to build brand recognition and equity through packaging, copy, images, videos, website, and other marketing vehicles
- Generating consumer and category insights through primary research and the customer product testing program
- Collaborating with other members of the Consumables Private Label team including Sourcing, Marketing, Business Intelligence and Product Managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of brand experience with a general merchandise retailer, consumer packaged goods company, or branding agency
- Ability to manage and drive multiple simultaneous initiatives with impeccable attention to detail
- Experience in consumer research and strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to create marketing communications that drive acquisition and deepen customer relationships over time
- Brand Management experience in Grocery, Personal Care, Beauty, Health & Wellness, and Baby
- A high degree of proficiency anticipating customer needs and using various forms of qualitative and quantitative data to gain consumer insights
- Experience developing and managing a network of agency partners
- Understanding of online marketing vehicles and how to measure them