Job ID: 692127BR
Line of Business: Corporate
Job Category: Marketing
Department: 0187 – Private Brands Hardlines
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Full-Time
Location #: 1999
Location Name: CSC-Mooresville
Location Address: 1000 Lowes Boulevard
The principle purpose of the Product/Brand Manager – Kobalt Tools is to manage assigned brands, with a primary focus on advancing the strategic role of Kobalt within the organization to drive sales, profitability and brand equity.
The Product/Brand Manager – Kobalt Tools will also have primary responsibility for the development and synthesis of insights and other inputs to better understand competitive and consumer dynamics. This position will develop multi-generational product plans and product strategies for the assigned brands. This includes review and analysis of existing market data, creation of market situation summaries and creation of product scopes for select programs.
The Product/Brand Manager – Kobalt Tools will be responsible for managing and providing results that support both brand objectives and business unit priorities for Lowe’s. In addition, the Product/Brand Manager – Kobalt Tools will manage an individual contributor responsible for leading product management activities for assigned product groups.
To accomplish this, the Product/Brand Manager – Kobalt Tools must have a broad knowledge of marketing and brand strategy and product management with a general understanding of retail business.
In addition, the Product/Brand Manager –Kobalt Tools will work closely with leadership from Merchandising, CXD Product Design, International Merchandising and MAC to drive brand strategy and initiatives. This position will also work across cross-functional organizational business units primarily collaborating with Merchandising, CXD Product Design and MAC. The Product Manager – Kobalt Tools is also expected to understand the competitive set and define the specific role of Kobalt to optimize assortments.
This position will have a significant impact on the assigned brand and the overall company. This position will lead the advancement of Kobalt, with a primary focus on sales, profitability and brand equity.
- Lead development of multi-generation product plans and project scopes
- Establishes and manages business priorities and strategies
- Manages short and long-term planning through private brand blueprints
- Executes brand development initiatives
- Manages brand standards and guidelines
- Leads brand-packaging design/development
- Primary liaison with cross-functional teams (i.e. CXD, Merchandising, Global Sourcing, Marketing seasonal leads, etc.) to deliver the private brand strategy and objectives
- Develop and synthesize consumer and competitive insight/intelligence and advance Lowe’s knowledge of the marketplace and competitive environment. Define implications for assigned brands as inputs for category strategy development
- Guide product design and merchandising in scoping, prioritization of brand opportunities, and development of new products to be launched under assigned brands (for internally designed products under priority brands)
- Collaborate with vendors to understand industry trends and product innovation
- Drives the development of tactical plans aligned with Private Brands and business strategy in order to bring the vision into realization
- Uses a critical eye to examine and streamline work flows and processes within the team, to increase efficiency.
- Develops short-term and long-term plans for Private Brands and Marketing
- Drives innovation across the team using a deep understanding of how the development of private brands works within the organization
- Keeps pace with change and maintains a competitive advantage within the marketplace by seeking out and learning about changes in the field
- Drives projects and tasks to completion through teams, regardless of changing conditions, by coaching and developing Marketing Specialists to develop their marketing and brand management skills, building bench strength for the Marketing organization
- Aligns the team’s time and effort on projects that are critical to Marketing’s success
- Delegates the right tasks and decisions to the people who are in the best position to execute them
- Provides open feedback and mentorship to team members to encourage growth and greater responsibility
- Hires, trains and develops the talent necessary to achieve stated objectives providing meaningful development opportunities for individuals in preparation for succession planning
- Negotiates effectively for the organization with internal and external stakeholders and builds relationships with key individuals necessary for collaboration
- Develops and presents communications, frequently to senior leadership, communicating the desired message, at the appropriate level, for the right recipient
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Masters of Business Administration or other advanced degree in related field
- 2+ years of leading people and influencing people without formal authority
- 3+ years of brand management experience in a large retail environment or consumer package goods organization
- 3+ years of experience developing multi-generational product plans and project scopes
- 5+ years of marketing and/or brand experience in a large retail environment or consumer package goods organization
- 3+ years of experience leading cross-functional team to deliver business objectives
- 3+ years of experience working with suppliers
- 3+ years of leading people at a manager level
- 2+ years of experience in retail private brand management
With fiscal year 2012 sales of $50.5 billion, Lowe’s Companies, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 100 company that serves approximately 15 million customers a week at more than 1,825 home improvement and hardware stores in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s is the second-largest home improvement retailer in the world. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Kobalt is one of the brands featured in our new book Fifty5: The My Private Brand Project.
Get Your Copy Today. Fifty2: The My Private Brand Project