Job Location: Brentwood, TN
Our mantra is “work hard, have fun, and make money” as we remain dedicated to providing legendary service and great products at everyday low prices.
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO) is a $4+ billion growth organization and the largest operator of retail farm and ranch stores in the United States. We are positioned to grow to 2,400 domestic Tractor Store locations from our current 1,200+ stores in 49 states, and we boast a cutting edge e-commerce website at TractorSupply.com. During this exciting time, we are seeking talented people who want to join our superb team members in embracing our mission and values as we soar forward.
If you are interested in joining our team and believe you would be a great fit for the position described below, please submit your application via www.tractorsupply.jobs today!
This position is responsible for guiding the Marketing staff in the development and execution of the Strategic Marketing Plan as it relates to branding, circular planning and development and within the guidelines of the Tractor Supply Company Business Plan.
- Lead TSC’s go to market and brand strategies and implementation plans.
- Direct all chain wide advertising activities, including TSC’s circular program, print and broadcast advertising, in store signage as well as the creative and production resources associated with those activities; lead all activities associated with TSC’s annual marketing calendar.
- Direct all activities associated with the definition, positioning, projection and communication of the TSC Brand, both internally and externally.
- Oversee Private Brand strategies as well as the positioning and creative associated with all of TSC’s private brands, working in partnership with Merchandising.
- Lead TSC’s store re-imaging initiative along with Store Presentation, Store Operations and Real Estate.
- Manage all business relationships such as: Advertising agencies, PR agencies, Print Suppliers, Media agencies, Packaging vendors, Consultants
- Identify strategic partnership opportunities for TSC that can build TSC’s comp store sales as well as brand reach / affinity.
- Manage TSC’s marketing budget to improve Marketing ROI, specifically defined as Net Margin after Advertising.
- Provide marketing leadership to TSC’s strategic merchandising initiatives, such as Animal Food and Care, Workwear, Repair and Maintenance, etc.
- Build the marketing and advertising teams as needed to achieve the strategic objectives set forth by TSC’s Executive Committee
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 7 years of consumer marketing experience, with heavy emphasis on retail marketing. Experience with brand driven consumer marketing companies a plus.
- Demonstrated success in driving increased comp store traffic / sales in a retail environment or product / service sales in a non-retail consumer marketing environment.
- Demonstrated success in building brands, from brand positioning through to the development of brand projection / communication elements.
- Experience across full range of consumer touch points including Broadcast – TV, radio; Print – magazines, newspaper; Direct mail; Interactive / Digital; “New Media”; In store / POP
- Experience managing a high frequency advertising schedule, such as newspaper inserts, ROP, direct mail and email.
- Experience effectively leading outside communication, design and production agencies
- Demonstrated success developing and leading marketing teams
- An undergraduate degree is required; an MBA is desirable
- Demonstrate strong, problem solving, communication, organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills yet works well in a team
- Decisive individual who displays strong communication, organizational, analytical, negotiating and problem solving skills.
- Must be strategic, creative and consumer focused, able to think outside the box and yet manage process.
- Ability to give presentations to large groups
- Ability to enforce policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently, positively handle conflict, and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to write policies, procedures, and executive summaries
- Display detail-oriented approach to work
- Ability and proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office products (Powerpoint)
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and word processing
- · Demonstrates a financial sensitivity to marketing ROI and impact on the business.
- Ability to work overtime and travel when needed
- Ability to identify, hire, train and retain high quality people.
- Job ID: 8162