The Waitrose Pure skincare range has been in-store for a number of years – it required redevelopment for better standout on shelf. Plus there was a need to more clearly position the nine-strong range as ‘natural skincare’, due to a reappraisal and reformulation of all products, which are now suitable for all skin types, dermatologically approved, and contain 95%+ naturally derived ingredients.
To ensure Pure is displayed with pride on shelf and in bathrooms, the design solution acknowledges contemporary trends in interior design. The team collaborated with renowned fabric and wallpaper designer Sabine Reinhart to create a flora inspired background pattern that subtly decorates each of the packs. The logotype and typography are a simple and purposely understated foil to the richness of the illustration. A seal endorsing the products’ purity underpins the brand’s natural claims. New packaging structures provide a unified feel for the brand.
Waitrose Pure includes nine face and body products:
- Cleansing wash (150ml): gently cleanses, leaving skin feeling clean and free of impurities, 99% plant derived ingredients
- Facial wipes (30): gently cleanses, leaving skin feeling clean and free of impurities, 95% plant derived ingredients
- Eye make remover (200ml): gently yet effectively removes eye make up, 99% plant derived ingredients
- Face cream (50ml): all day moisturizing, leaves skin feeling soft and nourished, 97% plant derived ingredients
- Eye gel (30ml): leaves skin feeling soothed, cooled and nourished, 98% plant derived ingredients
- Face polish (75ml): leaves skin looking brighter and more radiant, 100% naturally derived ingredients
- Beauty balm (50ml): leaves skin feeling nourished and hydrated, 99% plant derived ingredients
- Facial oil (30ml): easily absorbed leaving skin feeling soft and smooth, 98% plant derived ingredients
- Hand cream (100ml): leaves skin feeling nourished and protected, 96% plant derived ingredients