Job Number: 14-006781
Operating Company: Delhaize America
Full/Part Time Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salary)
Location: Customer Support Center
Address: Customer Support Center
The Manager of Private Brand Label and Packaging Design will be a part of the Our Brands leadership team, reporting to the Senior Vice President and will be a vital part of the Our Brands development, management and execution of the company’s private brand label/package design strategy. The business is large and diverse, spanning across almost every category in the store. The manager will provide leadership to the graphic designers and the production specialist. The manager will interface with the Brand Directors, Brand Managers, Banner Marketing and Category teams.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads graphic design team through packaging and label design, the creation of style guides.
- Establishes strong internal and external working relationships to include the brand management team, banner marketing, category teams, printers and suppliers.
- Ensures that Brand standards an legal guidelines are supported
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Proactively works with key stakeholders to mitigate potential risks of supply interruption.
- Communicates any major updates as it pertains to packaging/label design to internal and external business partners.
- Constantly looks for efficiencies and cost savings in packaging, manages preferred print programs
- Keep up to date on latest packaging trends and present to merchants.
- Supports packaging sustainability efforts.
- Manages departmental label design budget, oversees invoicing.
- Effectively communicates with all levels of management.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years in graphic label design and food channels.
- Extensive knowledge of food and non-perishable product as it pertains to package and label development process, merchandising, and printing practices.
- Management experience with proven ability to develop and motivate staff and teams to high performance.
- Ability to identify creative talent
- Strong knowledge of printing and packaging methods
- Strong knowledge of the supermarket industry as it pertains to packaging, label design and printing practices.
Skills and Abilities:
- Fluency in graphic design practices including Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication and organizational skills