About This Opportunity
Drive financial results by delivering a competitive advantage for Target.com by leveraging the organization’s design, development and sourcing expertise to drive differentiation through expanding Target’s brands. Conduct industry, trend, competitive and assortment research to identify multi-channel assortment strategies, & direct the development of private label and exclusive brands, design/development process and seasonal merchandise strategies for the Target.com development.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Group Manager, Product Development you’ll take the lead as you…
- Collaborate with Target PD&D and Merchant teams on establishing multi-channel partnerships/strategies for owned, designer, and private label development.
- Build relationships with key business owners within Target PD&D to prioritize projects that optimize ROI.
- Manage communication among internal design, outside design teams, merchants, TSS, Marketing and vendors to drive effective and efficient line development.
- Lead Target.com development strategies and financial plans in partnership with merchants through incorporation of buyership financial goals and market trends. Ensure the execution of those strategies.
- Lead the aesthetic execution of standards to deliver on “Expect More/Pay Less.”
- Direct research and development for Target.com owned-brand products.
- Manage the integrity of Target brand extensions by leveraging our owned brand principles to ensure consistency across Divisions within each brand.
- Develops and administers departmental budgets and manages expenses effectively.
- Identify and drives forth reporting, tools and processes to Target.com merchandising that will help each business access, analyze and plan their assortments, action plans and tactics to create a more differentiated assortment that will drive profitable growth for the company.
- Identify new branding opportunities in collaboration with Brand Marketing, Owned brands, Canada and key external business partners to fill Target whitespace.
- Previous Product Design & Development experience in a retail organization
- 10+ years’ experience in product development in retail or wholesale environment
- Domestic and oversea market travel experience
- Previous experience in Home Furnishings and Furniture
- Ability to lead teams, manage execution & drive results
- Strong merchant knowledge
- Ability to establish processes & think strategically
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segments: Product Development, Manager, Merchandising, Marketing Manager, Research, Management, Retail, Marketing