Delhaize America – Brand Manager, Taste of Inspiration
Job Number: 14-002339
Post Date: 01/20/2014
Operating Company: Delhaize America
Full/Part Time Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salary)
Location: Customer Support Center
Leading brand/category strategy, and participating in total portfolio strategic development. Driving business results: Growth of sales, profit and category share to support retail banner success. Owning the brand identity and developing marketing initiatives for a set of private brand products. Identifying consumer insight and innovation opportunities. Implementing projects and programs.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads and is fully accountable for the P&L (MAS) of “Taste of Inspiration”
- Leads the growth on both top and bottom line in close conjunction with the banner and the category teams
- Drives the execution of the agreed plans – with focus on existing business and short-term vision.
- Leads brand equity of the existing brand and products and ensures that activities are consistent with portfolio of brand equity across the banners
- Implements non-technical package design (label, shape, etc)
- Identifies current products that are dilutive to brand equity and influences change
- Proposes consumer research needed for products and “Nature’s Place” with eye to improving the existing business and portfolio of products
- Works with innovation manager to develop and drive 3-year road map (category identification, idea filtering, etc.) and annual planning process
- Directly influences banner marketing strategies and tactics to ensure brand uniformly across the banners
- Growth of sales, profit and category share to support retail banner success
- Development of the brand strategy to align with overall portfolio objectives
- Establishment of short and long-term business goals
- Creation and execution of marketing activity (consumer communication) through internal/banner mediums as well as external mediums (packaging design, promotions, in-store ads, print, TV, radio, outdoor, web, social, app, PR, etc.)
- Leadership of consumer marketing programs including managing internal and external resources
- Serve as “the keeper of the brand”, supporting and evolving brand equity
- Develop an ongoing base of knowledge to achieve a thorough understanding of the consumer, category and products
- Identify new product opportunities, direct activities for product development, create business plans to launch products/platforms and drive results
- Partner with category, banner, supply chain and other resources to lead cross-functional teams.
- Influence others across the organization for strategy, decisions and action
- Set priorities and manage resources across the matrix organization as well as resources in third-party agencies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage with internal clients and external vendors
- Conducting analysis of the current business and assessing options to meet objectives
- Identifying products that are dilutive and direct change to improve category performance
- Utilizing sales, category management, P&L and syndicated data
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Marketing from a four-year college or university
- 5+ years of related marketing experience in the packaged goods industry
- Cross-functional team leadership
- Knowledge of category/product/portfolio/business management
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) Degree
- Success driving P&L improvement
- People management / development
- Consumer Research and Innovation
- Retail execution experience
- Agency management
- Experience in managing a portfolio of premium and specialty products
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects with attention to detail
- Strong capabilities in Microsoft Office; Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong strategic and creative thinker who can translate vision into a process.
- Strong desire and self-confidence to challenge conventional thinking and push the envelope to deliver innovative recommendations.
- Talented multi-tasker who is comfortable leading and controlling multiple projects and tasks simultaneously with multiple audiences.
- High standards and high quality work is of utmost importance, including delivering excellent results in fast-paced environments.
- Ability to adapt quickly, leverage cross-functional resources without direct reporting links.
- Ability to thrive in situations with high degrees of uncertainty or ambiguity.
- Some travel required.