Groupon – Head of Global Sourcing and Product Development
We’re a global leader in local commerce, making it easy for people around the world to search and discover great businesses at unbeatable prices. We’re reinventing the traditional small business world by providing merchants with a suite of products and services, including customizable deal campaigns, credit card payments processing capabilities and point-of-sale solutions to help them attract more customers and run their operations more effectively.
By leveraging our global relationships and scale, we offer consumers incredible deals on the best stuff to eat, see, do, and buy in 48 countries. Shoppers discover the best a city has to offer with Groupon Local, enjoy vacations with Groupon Getaways, and find a curated selection of electronics, fashion, home furnishings and more with Groupon Goods. Employees make it possible.
Groupon Goods is the online retail arm of Groupon. It features really good deals on great products. To get airspace on Groupon Goods, a product has to be cool enough to share and innovative enough to inspire. To get deskspace on our Goods team, teammates have to be cool with sharing and innovative enough to inspire each other to share. It also must be made of reliably bonded molecules and stardust.
We are seeking a Head of Global Sourcing and Product Development
We are expanding our Goods offering with our own Private Label brand, and we are seeking someone to lead that evolution. The Head of Global Sourcing and Product Development. will own the This person is responsible for the strategy, of development and execution of a new proprietary channel within our Goods platform for Groupon’s Private Label brand.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead in the planning, sign-off and execution of private label programs and style plans
- Set the direction and strategy for the private brands
- NResponsible for negotiateing the lowest prices at the right quality level
- Negotiate the office radios at the right volume level.
- Make strategic recommendations and/or decisions awith proper analyzingsis as the relates to financial requirements aroundon the tooling and sampling.
- Structureing product contracts with suppliers.
- Evaluate, establish, and manage domestic and foreign supplier relations.
- IdentifySeeks development opportunities domestically, and overseas, and anywhere else that they know of.
- Sources product, following all details, pricing strategies, and timing.
- Completes follow-up on all placement’s to ensure product specifications, quality standards, deadlines, and deliveries are met as contracted.
- Oversee the growth of sourced product and proactively respond to any inventory issues.
- Manage the sampling and product approval process for each project.
- Work with internal and external resources to manage all sourcing compliance issues and establish the sustainable or better procedures..
- Partners with the Buyers to drive the process, develop product, determine private brand assortment, and create brand integrity.
- Ensures product standards are met once orders are placed with a specific maker.
- Bachelors degree required
- Masters degree preferred but not required
- 10+ years experience in global sourcing, product development, and product design
- Detailed experience managing entire life-cycle of a hardline or softline e-commerce consumer product channel
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, with experience to tell the tale
- Ability to solve problems andEvidence of scalinge systems across distributed teams in an evolving organization
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Requisition ID: 6177
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer