2013 was another great year for Private Brand and a great year for My Private Brand, readership and subscribers more than quadrupled making the site the most widely read daily Private Brand site in the world. We continue to push the envelope with first to market stories, insights and strategy including:
- The biggest story of the year the testing of the neo-generic Private Brand Price First by Walmart, which was, then picked up by the Washington Post and numerous mainstream news outlets and all the relevant trade publications across the country.
- Launching the first International Private Brand Design Competition The Vertex Awards
- Began the book project Fifty2: the My Private Brand Project which will release in early February 2014. The MPB Intellistore will open for preorders in the next few weeks.
- The release of the groundbreaking Sightline report on Walmart
- The release of The Hidden History of U.S. Private Brands which presented a never before seen look into the history of Private Brands outside the grocery channel
- A featured interview in Brand Packaging Magazine: Brand Packaging Magazine Sits Down WIth My Private Brand’s Christopher Durham
- Being interviewed on PLMALive! by Tim Simmons with Carol Angrisani of Supermarket News
Take a look back at the top stories of the year based on your readership, Walmart dominates the list with the most read story of the year by more than 30,000 page views, however it is interesting to note that the stories for my upcoming book Fifty2: the My Private Brand Project have done very well.
- Walmart Tests Neo-Generic\Basic Private Brand: Price First
- Introducing the Vertex Awards: the First International Private Brand Design Competition
- The Myth of Private Label in a Branded World
- A Redesigned Sam’s Choice Boldly Re-Emerges at Walmart
- Trader Joe’s 2012 Customer Favorites
- Craftsman: Made in the USA – Manufactured in China?
- Fifty2, The MPB Project: Lowe’s Home Improvement, Blue Hawk
- MPB SIGHTLINE Version 2.0 – The 2013 Walmart Private Brand Portfolio
- I think its so Groovy Now! Threshold from Target
- Fifty2: The My Private Brand Project: CVS Gold Emblem
- Private Brand Sales Outpace National Brands – PLMA’s 2013 Private Label Yearbook
- Fifty2, The MPB Project: Bi-Rite Public Label
- Fifty2 – The MPB Project: Walmart – World Table
- Why Private Brands Fail?
- Private Brand as Media: Using Your Brands to Build Customer Loyalty
Our growing archive of more than 4,000 stories continued to draw attention, with Private Brand readers consistently reading some of the biggest stories of the last five years
- A Closer Look At Walmart’s World Table – 2010
- The “Official” Great Value Launch! -2009
- Kroger’s Simple Truth: Private Brand Consolidation – 2011
- Clover Valley Better than A Dollar? – 2009
- UP & UP with Target! – 2009
- Customers Demand More World Table from Walmart – 2011
- Target – Up & Up, the Next Chapter – 2009
- Kidgets Debuts at Family Dollar – 2010
- Walgreen Launches Nice! Private Brand – 2011
- Private Brands Get Ready – I Quit My Day Job! – 2012
Stay tuned 2014 will be an exciting year for My Private Brand, look for some exciting announcements in the next few months.