About This Opportunity
Drive financial results by delivering a competitive advantage for Target.com by leveraging the organization’s design, development and sourcing expertise to drive differentiation through expanding Target’s brands. Conduct industry, trend, competitive and assortment research to identify multi-channel assortment strategies, & direct the development of private label and exclusive brands, design/development process and seasonal merchandise strategies for the Target.com development.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Group Manager, Product Development you’ll take the lead as you.
- Collaborate with Target PD&D and Merchant teams on establishing multi-channel partnerships/strategies for owned, designer, and private label development.
- Build relationships with key business owners within Target PD&D to prioritize projects that optimize ROI.
- Manage communication among internal design, outside design teams, merchants, TSS, Marketing and vendors to drive effective and efficient line development.
- Lead Target.com development strategies and financial plans in partnership with merchants through incorporation of buyership financial goals and market trends. Ensure the execution of those strategies.
- Lead the aesthetic execution of standards to deliver on “Expect More/Pay Less.”
- Direct research and development for Target.com owned-brand products.
- Manage the integrity of Target brand extensions by leveraging our owned brand principles to ensure consistency across Divisions within each brand.
- Develops and administers departmental budgets and manages expenses effectively.
- Identify and drives forth reporting, tools and processes to Target.com merchandising that will help each business access, analyze and plan their assortments, action plans and tactics to create a more differentiated assortment that will drive profitable growth for the company.
- Identify new branding opportunities in collaboration with Brand Marketing, Owned brands, Canada and key external business partners to fill Target whitespace.
- Previous Product Design & Development experience in a retail organization
- 10+ years’ experience in product development in retail or wholesale environment
- Domestic and oversea market travel experience
- Previous experience in Home Furnishings and Furniture
- Ability to lead teams, manage execution & drive results
- Strong merchant knowledge
- Ability to establish processes & think strategically
Eligible team members will receive one of the best earnings packages anywhere, including competitive pay, all-around insurance coverage, 401(k), flexible scheduling, training and development and many other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best – the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members’ futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education.
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segments: Product Development, Manager, Merchandising, Marketing Manager, Research, Management, Retail, Marketing